Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 ways Christians fail at being christians
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-shore...62583.html

This is a pretty good article that Im quite sure the people who got into it with K Smith wish they had had at the time.. lol

But it is thought provoking.
Im interested in hearing thoughts from anyone but Christians most assuredly.
Dude I am SOO bookmarking that article....my favorite one:

Too confident God thinks we're all that and a leather-bound gift Bible.

Oh yes...loving what this has to say...
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

This is GREAT! Thank you, CMF!!!
"It sounded like a bad fry, unimportant, with a bowl of rice." ~ Victor

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." ~ Billy, age 4

Excellant article, thanks CMF for sharing it. All 10 ways are right on target.
People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within. ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
that is one of the greatest articles i have ever read. now if only more people believed the same.
Believing only the things I can guarantee for myself. Questioning all others, but taking them into consideration.
Smile 
CMF, i was shaking my head, yes, all the way through as i was reading. Thank you for posting it. Great article!!!!
Pride and Fear always distort the truth into either a false sense of security or a lack of confidence and diminished self-worth.

Angel WIngs

To be perfectly fair many of these verses was taken completly out of context. If you havent studied scriptures and meaning, The verses themselves can be manipulated to mean anything. When Jesus said in Luke 12:33, "Sell your possessions and give to the poor" or any other quotes he gave he misunderstood what he was saying. Because it also says Matt 19:24-26 And again I say to you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
What he meant and what John Shore misunderstood was that if its is your "Bane" or "Curse" or holding you back from spiritual enlightenment then give it away..

He comments also about some confusion in Luke 8:9-10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
John 10v3-5...To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
4And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
What this means is Only Followers and those who study scriptures will understand them. Others will in fact be confused "why?" cause they will misunderstand meanings and words.
Then he goes onto say that he personally believes all men are created equal. Given his opinions on church and state, Not understanding the Bible has a different opinion on equality and believes in Chosen ones and one race being more in favor of God. The Bible in and of itself is racist. and should not be used to bring equality to church and state or be used against church and state. It was written thousand of years before this state/country was even thought of.
People were much different back then and beliefs and superstitions and fear was running crazy.
Then he goes on about witnessing to non christians. Completly misunderstanding that you are supposed to be the Witness from how you live and love being an example speaks louder then trying to convince anyone your way is the right way.
Then he speaks about the Church should man up about homosexuality and just forget it. Or that Christians are to fixated on gays. There is many verses about homosexuality in the Bible but I believe if you choose to be a Christian except what your faith believes about it. If you dont like it maybe Christianity isnt for you?
Then he continues to talk about Christians only hanging out with Christians well thats called fellowship and it is against the bible to really associate yourself with someone like myself. Again if you dont like that I suggest another belief.
but Number 10 "Too uneducated about Christianity"...I agree with people in general should know more about what they believe in and study it and if you disagree question it. and your fears. But do not deny what your own book says. Rev 3v15-16 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
So really understand completly what you believe and what your belief means. Its origins and there social stance on things that matter to you. If you do not like it ask a pastor or even better a theologian. Someone who has studied your religion knows much about it and take it from there.
Because after all thats the most personal intimate thing about all of us is our spiritual beliefs and personal beliefs just make sure they both mesh and are the same and there is no contradictions between you and what you claim to be your beliefs. Hipocrits are not fun for any religion or belief.
Blessed be ...
“Protected by Witchcraft"
[Image: 292o5rq.gif] Member of the Black Hat Society
Thanks for the link. Very thoughtful.
My idea of christianity always boils down to 2 quotes;
" do as to others" & " judge not, lest you be judged"
The only wrong questions - are those that go unasked
This is the thing about all religions....
(Not to say you're wrong GM, but using some of the things you said as an example)
You were saying that Shore "misunderstood" certain things. Well, that's what keeps religions going. He might truely believe that if he read what you posted that you misunderstood. Everyone has to have a different opinion in able to keep religions going. If everyone believed the same things then we wouldn't even be having this conversation now. Everyone has to have an opinion to make the world go round.
Not saying that you're wrong, but if you thought the same way as him you wouldn't be offended by what he is saying.
I'm sure he would feel the same way. Everyone 'thinks' they're right.
Believing only the things I can guarantee for myself. Questioning all others, but taking them into consideration.
Thats just the things Thirteen many people quote verses of the bible and never study what the true meanings are. Or the original hebrew text. Or reasons behind it they just quote. He was in fact confused about some quotes of the Bible. It is his choice to study or not.
The Biggest problem with the Bible is the people who half read it and switch it for there own intent and purpose. Study it for many years talk to historians theologians. The Hasidic Jews study life times of meanings and cross referance and make sure they understand the purpose of the words. To become a Rabbi its way more difficult way more studying way more discipline. I just think before this guy gives his opinions about text he should have studied the text and then I guarantee he would not have sounded so naive. Everyone is entitled to there opinion.
I just think if you comment about Shakespeare know theres others out there that has studied it and discuss what your saying and if you misunderstand what it says. There here to help you. I studied the Bible I went to temple read other books related to it. Spoke to theologians and people who studied in depth into the meanings and words and there will be always someone who knows more and I find those people and discuss more. Wouldnt people who claim that relgion at least do the same thing?. I am just saying if he thinks my opinion is wrong my findings is wrong to show me. But from what he has wrote I think he has the Bible confused and most of the people who Call themselves "Christians".
Majority of these people do talk to others have personal opinions about homosexuality they are a tribute to there community and a light to others.
There is people in every religion who will claim it and not even know anything about that religion. Alot of people claiming to be Pagan or Wiccans or Witches lately that have no clue about a Rede or Great Rite or Sabbats or what the Horned God is. These are the people who twist religion because they have no idea what that religion really is all about. Thats what I am saying. I understand your point of view and respect it. I have seen some of your comments and I think you are very wise. Looking forward to seeing more from you. These are my opinions about what that guy said and should be taken as a grain of salt. Just an Opinion nothing more.
Blessed be..
“Protected by Witchcraft"
[Image: 292o5rq.gif] Member of the Black Hat Society

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do christians like lucid dreaming? batman lover 2 3,158 06-05-2020, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Dronfieldman
  Christians judge god as good. Gnostic Christians judge god as evil. Which religion is Enemy No. 1 Gnostic 1 3,221 10-01-2018, 08:11 AM
Last Post: KaelisRa