Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucid dream help
Head_16 
Hello everyone, very long time since I've been here.
I would really like some insight to a very vivid dream I just had. I literally just woke up. Someone with Native American spiritual knowledge, best if Canadian, would be great.

Okay, so before I forget, my dream first started in a school or work (I can't remember), but I was really excited about a trip I had planned to go see my out of country boyfriend (Note: I do have a boyfriend who lives in UK that I'm planning on going to see this summer.). I was trying to make sure I had that time to go see him booked off. The school turned into this place where it was a very large room, perhaps outdoors. I was sitting in a seat around some people that seemed popular. It was close to Halloween. The teacher revealed, actually I think it was common knowledge to us, that the ground we were on were graves. The teacher said we were going to do a Halloween experiment the next day. We left. In order to leave the class there's these washrooms we pass through.

So, the next day, in the dream, we go through the washrooms and do our hair and whatnot, kick out the boys. But the boys come in anyways. There was a large group of us looking in the mirror. I had this hunch that something else was with us and I was scanning the mirror to see if I could see an anomaly or apparition (as I'm typing this I'm getting goosebumps. Not feeling alone.). I didn't see anything but a boy had a gushing bloody nose. Everyone was gasping, one girl said "Do you see his nose?". But his nose was only bleeding in his reflecting. We turned to him and saw it was fine. No blood. We all quickly left the washroom and went into class. The teacher had replica graves and replica corpses laying over top of the graves. I had this feeling something was not right. He gave us shovels and told us to use them to sever the heads of the replica corpses. My thought, though, was that they were actual corpses and I piped up "But I'll be cursed, I don't want to be cursed. Aboriginal belief says that if someone disrespects the dead you'll be cursed." The teacher demanded some more and I did but I felt like I was doomed. There was a bunch of these fake corpses we had to sever. I saw a crow, a live one, and I took the shovel to that one. But I think I thought it was fake until I saw blood oozing off the shovel. The teacher said we could use the crow, too. Then there was a black cat that was roaming around, too. We left it alone.

The next day in the dream, we found the teacher had reattached all the heads of the fake corpses, and even the crow. The teacher said to take the cat and stuff it down the corpses mouths, so to act as an unborn baby in the stomachs of the corpses. I woke up at that point, because I felt this was turning into some Nazi experimental freak show.

When I woke up, I did not feel alone. I kept looking around and I have this strong feeling of a man, a Native Chief, or a Native with a headdress nearby around the corner in the hallway. I haven't seen anything paranormal, yet. I had just took a break typing this to call my mom about it. We do have Native in our ancestry going back a few generations that our family still feels a connection with.

Some additional back information, I'm vying for a higher position at work. I'm starting the process of planning to fly to England to visit my boyfriend, and we were just discussing about me moving there last night, which I do plan on doing in 5 years or so. But I'm just as sad about it because I'll be moving away from my daughter. And I'm ever increasingly worried about my finances once my daughter turns 18 next year.
The hero is brave in deeds as well as words - Aesop

Please all, and you will please none - Aesop
I'll be honest, I'm not knowledgeable in Native Americal spiritual knowledge, but I am Canadian. I you can't find somebody native on here, we can do our best to brainstorm. However, vivid dreams (this was not so much lucid, from what I read), aren't necessarily prophetic. The vast majority of dreams, for most (if not all) people, aren't prophetic. Even if the dream is thought to be delivering a message in code.

If you think that this was a dream that was being induced by a spirit, then maybe you have something to learn from it. However, sometimes vivid dreams are just hyper-realistic dreams that occur because you have a strong emotive connection to a specific situation going on in life. It doesn't need to aim to help you resolve it. Sometimes, the stress just follows you into a dream.

Lastly: Are you Native American going back generations like Elizabeth Warren is Native American going back generations? Or are you identified by Canada as an indigenous person?
I have no idea, but that was a very interesting dream.
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

(02-15-2019, 09:31 AM)KaelisRa Wrote: I'll be honest, I'm not knowledgeable in Native Americal spiritual knowledge, but I am Canadian. I you can't find somebody native on here, we can do our best to brainstorm. However, vivid dreams (this was not so much lucid, from what I read), aren't necessarily prophetic. The vast majority of dreams, for most (if not all) people, aren't prophetic. Even if the dream is thought to be delivering a message in code.

If you think that this was a dream that was being induced by a spirit, then maybe you have something to learn from it. However, sometimes vivid dreams are just hyper-realistic dreams that occur because you have a strong emotive connection to a specific situation going on in life. It doesn't need to aim to help you resolve it. Sometimes, the stress just follows you into a dream.

Lastly: Are you Native American going back generations like Elizabeth Warren is Native American going back generations? Or are you identified by Canada as an indigenous person?

Without getting into the politics of Indigenous status with the government, which I don't have. My great great grandmother was Indigenous. When she married a non-Native man, she lost her status, as that's how the government placed their status stripping, sexist laws. If it were the other way around, then status could've still been declared. And it's idealisms and view points that what makes a person part of a demographic such this is what caused problems for those now declared as Metis. It seems history is repeating itself. It's all heavily politicalized, now. I have excellent education on Canadian Indigenous history and then some, on both sides of the matter. I understand both sides of opinion and at this point, I don't buy this need to have a government approved status claim in order to identify a part of my family tree. 

Anyways, that doesn't erase the ancestry from the genes and the spirituality runs deep. I did talk about it with my mom this morning and she explained a whole lot.

I know my dream was more than hyper realistic. I dream in colour and they feel real, most of the time they do.

I spent a lot of time thinking about meanings and what exactly was happening. I viewed the teacher originally as a sick, strange dictator. Instead, his ignoring of my concerns that I may be cursed was actually him teaching me to conquor fears of doom and gloom when I decide to make big choices in my life, which is happening now. And when he put the heads together, and wanted to "rebirth" the cat, as very strange as it was, the teacher was showing me that I won't ever be separated from my roots, but I will lead a different life than before and that is not a bad thing. I shouldn't be afraid, if that makes sense.

I have a very strong prophetic belief in dreams, as my mom does as well. I have been thinking of my native ancestry and my European side and what it will mean to me in that spiritual sense if/when I move to England.

Seems like you sorted it all out then. You don't really need any help from any of us. Hahaha. My efforts here have always been to show the logic on the other side of the coin, whether it was in favour of skeptics or believers. The moment someone takes a hard stance, as you just have, the effort to bring in an alternate viewpoint (as logical or likely as it may be) is lost.

Also, I was never claiming you weren't indigenous. I was just asking if you were indigenous to the extent of in your head, or actually in fresh genetics. Elizabeth Warren was likely 6 or 7 generations removed. 80% of the US population has more native in their blood than she does, and that is the only reason I brought it up. If you feel a connection to something, that's wonderful. Someone had to ask the question.

Edit: What you described still isn't a lucid dream. Vivid dreams (rather dreams in general) are your head trying to resolve the problems and stresses of your waking life. Because it's the subconscious, a lot of the logic and methods aren't very overt. Many time you have to decipher what you experienced in the dream. Lucid dreaming is something completely different. You can visit HERE if you want to read up on a thread in another part of the forum, where I explain in a little more detail about lucid dreaming. It was in conversation with another individual.
No. No one had to ask a question like that. It is incredibly disrespectful. I was starting to think you would next ask me to provide you a photo for you to scrutinize my ethnic appearance.

Okay, so it's a vivid dream. It was still very surreal and hung with me after I woke up. I do have it partially sorted, as much as I know.

Not a matter of being disrespectful. If something is based on genes, then you actually have to have a lion's share of genes for it to be a thing. If you just "believe" in the power of some connection that doesn't exist, then we know it's not a factor. In your case, doesn't seem to be the latter, but you'd be surprised how people can psych themselves up to believing things that don't have any logical connection. So, it was a very necessary question. In any case, sorry you felt attacked. Not the intention.
Either way, it's not up to you to scrutinize and question. Peoples with partial Native blood and the Metis, and even pure Indigenous blood, have put up with that long enough. I don't even think you understand the gravitude of the issue.

Anyone can be spiritual, regardless. I was raised in spirituality more than religion, and I hold that very close, it is my right and freedom, despite others skepticisms. If dream meanings are not your thing, then your not being very helpful. I will not throw away my spirituality just because you don't share the same frame of mind. This shouldn't matter what someone's ethnicity is. I have studied Paganism, as well, and I have to say it's all harmoniously unanimous, but described differently among cultures.

Sharing my dreams on a forum is not just for me, but to also allow others, who may have had a similar dream, to find something to relate to and find answers to the meanings and symbolisms they may not have found elsewhere, along with an open discussion. So, yes, my dream has made a bit more sense to me and is slowly fading from my mind, but discussion is still open.

Spirituality is one thing, delusion is another. I understand the gravitas of the issue. I don't understand the experience you might go through, but the issue itself isn't all that difficult to decipher. Beyond that ethnicity tells a lot about what a person's native beliefs are. How they were brought up. What religion they were largely exposed to. Someone who was brought up Christian will still show a Christian view-point in just about any other religion they adopt. Same thing if they started with Wicca and then converted. Their belief system will alter, but they still accommodate the reality of their past Wiccan beliefs

Dream meanings are something that I can get behind. However, you need to determine if the dreams are just dreams, or if the dreams are prophetic (in the sense of something/someone else is trying to communicate them to you). If your dreams are just your own unpacking of issues, then your psychology becomes the sole factor that determines what the meaning is. Literally, your upbringing/beliefs/ethnicity can play a large part.

If your dreams are externally supplied (and something is trying to communicate), then you need to look into what the general meanings and representations of those symbols are. Thus, step one is figuring out if your case is a legitimate one of your cultural heritage (meaning actually a method of communication), or if it is something you are generating for yourself to solve.

If you are bringing that topic here for discussion, then it is 100% within any of our rights to scrutinize and question what you claim. It's actually our primary duty, followed by helping to decipher what remains.
(02-18-2019, 03:18 PM)KaelisRa Wrote: Spirituality is one thing, delusion is another. I understand the gravitas of the issue. I don't understand the experience you might go through, but the issue itself isn't all that difficult to decipher. Beyond that ethnicity tells a lot about what a person's native beliefs are. How they were brought up. What religion they were largely exposed to. Someone who was brought up Christian will still show a Christian view-point in just about any other religion they adopt. Same thing if they started with Wicca and then converted. Their belief system will alter, but they still accommodate the reality of their past Wiccan beliefs

Dream meanings are something that I can get behind. However, you need to determine if the dreams are just dreams, or if the dreams are prophetic (in the sense of something/someone else is trying to communicate them to you). If your dreams are just your own unpacking of issues, then your psychology becomes the sole factor that determines what the meaning is. Literally, your upbringing/beliefs/ethnicity can play a large part.

If your dreams are externally supplied (and something is trying to communicate), then you need to look into what the general meanings and representations of those symbols are. Thus, step one is figuring out if your case is a legitimate one of your cultural heritage (meaning actually a method of communication), or if it is something you are generating for yourself to solve.

If you are bringing that topic here for discussion, then it is 100% within any of our rights to scrutinize and question what you claim. It's actually our primary duty, followed by helping to decipher what remains.
Thank you for your analysis. However....

If you are so curious to want to know someone's background in more detail there are more tactful ways of asking than acting like airport security. 
I believe in treating others with dignity and respect, and I know when humility is due. Since you heartily enjoy scrutiny, I have to ask, are you a born Canadian citizen? Or are you an immigrant from possibly the U.S.?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supermarket of Terror Lucid Dream Krister 4 6,035 04-01-2016, 04:45 AM
Last Post: Itheblaze
  lucid dream talking to lucifer Nostratamus 7 16,968 06-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Last Post: GypsyMoon
Wink My First Lucid Dream! ParanormalKid 8 10,934 03-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Angel With Horns