Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ghost? or not understanding photography?
Its amazing the number of paranormal investigators who use poor photography and claim it as evidence. Here is a great article showing many of the mistakes made. Even sadder is when you attempt to educate them and explain a picture your blocked as they do not want the truth.
http://www.etherealthoughts.com/gpage46.html
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
Thanks to ones that have taken the time to show examples of explainable anomolies that are often presented as paranormal, I furthered my own understanding of photography. And yes, many times when it is explained to a team that is convinced they've caught the 'holy grail', the comment is removed or I am called a close-minded bully.

Paranormal is just like anything...the closer you are to the truth about something, the more defensive people get.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

(08-24-2013, 05:33 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: Its amazing the number of paranormal investigators who use poor photography and claim it as evidence. Here is a great article showing many of the mistakes made. Even sadder is when you attempt to educate them and explain a picture your blocked as they do not want the truth.
http://www.etherealthoughts.com/gpage46.html
i agree the photos are always grainy so its hard to make out shadows and light sources etc etc

That's a great article.
I'm not an "orbs" fan and I like to find out the real reason behind photos that show mists and spots etc...

I do have a decent grasp on photography, but i'd have thought a lot of the stuff in that article (such as the camera strap in the shot, rain on the lens) would be common knowledge and sense.
It sucks that so many people are taken in by this...
"If you have ghosts, you have everything".

The reason people are taken in is the wanting to capture paranormal so much they fail to use common sense and do not look for the truth. We get excuses like you weren't there so you do not know what my camera did. Well exif gives us a clue and most teams never look at it.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paranormal photography and understanding exif UglyNRude 28 79,283 05-28-2015, 08:49 AM
Last Post: UglyNRude