Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Would you believe a modern day Prophet?
Would we believe in a person who claims to have spoken to God? If he/she claimed to be a new prophet, would anyone believe them?

2000 + years ago, people where being hailed as prophets, were they any different from people in recent times?

May 23, 1844, Mírza Husayn ‘Ali, was touched by God, What followed on from this eventually was the Ba hai' religion, 7 million strong.

A woman named Diana Cooper, has regualr contact with "Angels". I definitely think she's a bit batty! In one of her books she describes that when your parking your car, pray for the angel of car parking spaces! And an Angel will back you in! Nuts! And yet people believe this stuff. It's prevalent in the "new-age" scene. And Diana is making a mint teaching people to see angels and buy her stuff.

Neale Donald Walsch, has had many conversations with "God", whether he is actually talking to God, or a spirit parading as God, i don't know . But some of his writings are quite inspiring. And if he were to create a new religion i'm guessing it would be better than some of the ones we have at the moment.

Would we beleive someone new, who claims to be touched by God? Well these three people are certainly popular. Only one of them is actually worshipped as divine by any great number of people - Ba ha i' 5 - 7 million people.

Would these same people share the same experiences as the ancient prophets?

Let us assume that all three people here have had a proper paranomal experience of some kind (And i do beleive this, although i think they are only talking to Human spirits.)

If there was a greater need for a new religion, would all three of these experiencers have created a new religion.

What is the difference between these people and who were they really talking too? Is their a difference?

THE BIG QUESTION IS, IF THEY ARE BEING CONTACTED BY GOD, WHY ARE THEY NOT ALL THE SAME MESSAGE? From the ancient prophets to modern day prophets, why would their message not be the same?

Is it all down to Mans interpretation? Is this what really makes these experiences different?

Or is it that each and every encounter is with a Human spirit playing God? That this might sound sinister to suggest this, but that is not what i am getting at, what if it is a spirit with Good intentions? What would have more effect on someone -
"Hello it's your uncle Albert here, i have got this really good idea!"
Or,
"THIS IS GOD"

Make your own mind up.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. Mahatma Gandhi

"As private parts to the gods are we, they play with us for their sport." Melchett
I once met a man who claimed to be Jesus Christ. I questioned him about it. He did not think he was just like Jesus or that we were all like him or anything like that. He swore that he was the actual Jesus Christ and he had come back to Earth to check on things.

I met Jesus Christ and he smoked Winstons - but I still didnt believe him.

Great post Pacal - angel of car parking spaces mwaa haa haa what we need is an angel of short checkout lines at Walmart!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey  ~^*White face*^~  Paranormal Questions & Answers
how would we know if they were a prophet as anything they foretell is yet to happen, i would need evidence to believe them and by them saying i predicted that is not sufficient I would want to see dated proof of any prediction.
I've heard of her Pacal, i specifically remember the part about the car parking bit Rolleyes...for goodness sake, as if angels haven't got anything better to do, you would have thought, like saving people from drowning etc. But no, we are supposed to believe they are seriously concerned if you can't park Big eyes

All this sort of stuff is about selling books.

All my life I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific...
I wouldn't think it was a human spirit but a demon, after all Lucifer was thrown out of Heaven because he wanted God's throne. I would imagine, that he wants the worship of Man for himself and is being devious to get it. He is after all, the Devil. Devil Smiley

Jim Jones was a modern day prophet his actions caused 914 deaths

Charles Manson was looked at as God, his followers went on a murder spree.

Heavens Gate followed a prophet and committed mass suicides to get to heaven before god wiped the earth clean to start over.

Order of the solar temple followed their prophet and prepared for the second coming of Jesus. In October 1994 Tony Dutoit's infant son, aged three months, was killed at the group's centre in Morin Heights, Quebec. The baby had been stabbed repeatedly with a wooden stake. It is believed that Di Mambro ordered the murder, because he identified the baby as the Anti-Christ described in the Bible. He believed that the Anti-Christ was born into the order to prevent Di Mambro from succeeding in his spiritual aim.

A few days later, Di Mambro and twelve followers performed a ritual Last Supper. A few days after that, apparent mass suicides and murders were conducted at two villages in Switzerland, and at Morin Heights — 15 inner circle members committed suicide with poison, 30 were killed by bullets or smothering, and 8 others were killed by other causes. Many of the bodies when found were drugged, possibly to prevent the members from objecting. The buildings were then set on fire by timer devices, purportedly as one last symbol of the group's purification.

In Western Switzerland, 48 members of a sect died in another apparent mass murder-suicide. Many of the victims were found in a secret underground chapel lined with mirrors and other items of Templar symbolism. The bodies were dressed in the order's ceremonial robes and were in a circle, feet together, heads outward, most with plastic bags tied over their heads; they had each been shot in the head. It is believed that the plastic bags were a symbol of the ecological disaster that would befall the human race after the OTS members moved on to Sirius. It is also believed that these bags were used as part of the OTS rituals, and that members would have voluntarily worn them without being placed under duress. There was also evidence that many of the victims in Switzerland were drugged before they were shot. Other victims were found in three ski chalets; several dead children were lying together. The tragedy was discovered when officers rushed to the sites to fight the fires which had been ignited by remote-control devices. Farewell letters left by the believers stated that they believed they were leaving to escape the "hypocrisies and oppression of this world."

On the morning of March 23rd 1997, five members of the OTS took their own lives in Saint-Casimir, Quebec. A small house exploded into flames, leaving behind five charred bodies for the police to pull from the rubble. Three teenagers -- 13, 14 and 16, the children of one of the couples that died in the fire —- were discovered in a shed behind the house, alive but heavily drugged.

Michael Tabachnik, an internationally renowned Swiss musician and conductor, was arrested as a leader of the Solar Temple in the late 1990s. He was indicted for "participation in a criminal organization," and murder. He came to trial in Grenoble, France during the spring of 2001 and was acquitted. French prosecutors appealed the verdict and an appellate court ordered a second trial beginning October 24, 2006. He was again cleared less than two months later on December 20.[2]
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
Jesus? can i have a bl**** cig please?

I definately said ask and you will receive, but no you can't have cigs or swear Owl Eyes BUT, you can have Winston cigs as they are what we smoke in heaven!!!

(05-31-2009, 03:00 PM)CareTaker Wrote: I once met a man who claimed to be Jesus Christ. I questioned him about it. He did not think he was just like Jesus or that we were all like him or anything like that. He swore that he was the actual Jesus Christ and he had come back to Earth to check on things.

I met Jesus Christ and he smoked Winstons - but I still didnt believe him.

Great post Pacal - angel of car parking spaces mwaa haa haa what we need is an angel of short checkout lines at Walmart!

All my life I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific...
Yeshua, or Jesus would be very easy to recognized. Remember He is not mortal, He is spirit, He would have special abilities and no need for nourishment, spirits are self sub staining, He would not take on the guise of a mortal Human. Yes, we would recognized Jesus Christ. Also what will confuse Man is the Anti-Christ, the false prophet, but he will be human but with powers. He will convince many of his divinity. Learned what you need so as to recognized this one.

UglyNRude,l I have to say AMEN.

That is one of the big problems in the world. Too many naive people are searching for something more and will fall into the clutches of anyone and any beliefs.

I do not believe that any divine being such as an angel is going to give a crap whether or not you can back safely into a parking space. I also seriously doubt that this person, Diana Cooper believes this either. It's just a business to make money and nothing more.

Money is definitely the root of all evil. People have always preyed on the fears and hopes of man to get rich.
i am the god of toilet seats! bow before my porcelain glory! Offer me daily tributes of the bull**** that speweth from thine mouths!
When i wake up everything will be all right...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PROPHET ADOLPHUS BAPTIST HITLER (Peace Be Upon Him) Garry Denke 2 2,348 03-14-2020, 01:50 PM
Last Post: KaelisRa