Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shadow People
06-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Shadow People
Hi all. My 3.5yo son sees shadow people.. his words not mine! He often tells me about the shadow people in his room and how sometimes they talk so much he cant sleep. I told him to ask them if they could be quiet because he's trying to sleep. Every so often in the middle of the night I'll hear him say "please go away I'm trying to sleep!"
My mum and I were questioning him one day about what they look like and he said the big one keeps all the bad ones away from him.
Some days he's really frightened to be alone in his room and he is becoming afraid of the dark.
I've seen the shadow people in our house before but not very often. He sees them all the time. Should I be wary of the shadow people and do something about it? Or see how things go. Most of the time he's very unafraid.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2010, 08:59 PM
RE: Shadow People
i would watch this very closely, if he appears to get worse or more afraid, call someone to come out to check the home and try to substantiate the claims of the shadows. i do have activity around from time to time from an early age , and it can be very scary, especially the not knowing what your dealing with. it could be something as small as moonlight or a nightlight shining , making a reflection off of toys in the bedroom, or he could really be seeing shadow people. ive never had the shadows, and im still being educated by other members about them. most of my activity is of another type of haunt. but be watchful. children can be alot more sensitive to these things and see them when we dont.their senses are brand new and untarnished.

optimism...the doctrine or belief that everything is....

i shut my eyes so that i can see....
06-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Lady Kamae wrote about shadow people you might find her thread useful.http://www.talkparanormal.com/thread-8342.html

“Protected by Witchcraft"
[Image: 292o5rq.gif] Member of the Black Hat Society
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks parasearch. I'm keeping as close an eye on whats going on as I can. He certainly has a gift for all things paranormal.. he often talks about an old man who visits him and even talks about aliens who visit him. He's a very spiritual child Smile

Thanks GypsyMoon I read that thread earlier which basically inspired me to this thread. My mum was reading a few shadow threads the other day and told me to have a read.

He's had a "dead man" visit him a few times before too. That really shakes him up but the old man, who is apparently called Charlie, tells him to go away.
06-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Is your son interacting with what he sees ...by that I mean, does he just see them and hear them or is he able to communicate with them? You indicated that the bigger one protects him from the others is why I ask.

The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.

- Kahlil Gibran
06-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi 1TxLady. He talks to them sometimes. The "killed man" he has seen a few times and he told him that he was killed by another man. He mainly sees them though and doesnt talk to them a lot. The ones who talk to him usually leave him frightened. The shadows havent talked to him that I know of, but he says they talk to each other and wake him or keep him awake at night.
06-24-2010, 10:25 PM
You also should consider the child is having hallucinations. In children, hallucinations can be part of normal development. A mild form of hallucination is known as a disturbance, and can occur in any of the senses. Children don't have the same deductive reasoning skills to properly determine what is going on. They see a cup move on a wet counter top, they automatically assume ghost where we know its moisture. They may see things like seeing movement in peripheral vision., or hear faint noises and/or voices. Children create imaginary friends all the time, is it paranormal? Not in most cases.

When investigating paranormal don't rely on assumptions, base your decisions on facts.
06-24-2010, 11:03 PM
(06-24-2010 09:59 PM)hannah Wrote:  Hi 1TxLady. He talks to them sometimes. The "killed man" he has seen a few times and he told him that he was killed by another man. He mainly sees them though and doesnt talk to them a lot. The ones who talk to him usually leave him frightened. The shadows havent talked to him that I know of, but he says they talk to each other and wake him or keep him awake at night.

Thank you, Hannah.

While I agree with UNR that many children have vivid and even overactive imaginations, sometimes that is not what is occurring. It's important to know what is occurring for your son whether it be imagination or more. I have 3 and they all had vivid imaginations. Two have various gifts. .

The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.

- Kahlil Gibran
06-24-2010, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2010 11:22 PM by Haunted Lady.)
I would suggest setting up a digital voice recorder in his room when he goes to bed at night, I would love to hear what you might pick up.

I think it's incredible that he mentions that the man he is seeing is 'killed'. That suggests to me that there may be an interaction there from an intelligent entity. This spirit is sharing what happened to him with your son.

Personally, I suspect your son is very deeply spiritually gifted. I would encourage him to continue sharing with you. It does amazing things when a child is validated. It's also not too soon to begin teaching him protections through authority. He is already asking the spirits to go away as he is trying to sleep. Let your son know he needs to command them away...if you teach him to assert himself with authority he will get that peace.

I have 2 rules in my house for wandering spirits...they are not allowed in my bedroom, and they are not allowed in the bathroom!

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Feel free to tell me what you need and I will tell you how to get by without it. ~Mom

For the believer, both the evidence of science and the failure of science to explain the paranormal is all the proof they need. For the sceptic, no evidence no matter how scientific will ever be proof enough. ~John Zaffis
06-24-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks for your replies. Its possible he has an overactive imagination... although my Grandad, Mum and I also have a sensitivity to spirits so perhaps what he is experiencing is real.

Thanks Lady Kamae I'll ask him to be more bossy Smile I already encourage him to speak about what he experiences. I find it very interesting. I'm hesitant to set up a recorder though.. I think that would freak me out way too much!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  shadow people cont'd janewolf 3 120 06-28-2014 11:54 AM
Last Post: Gizmo
  Shadow people janewolf 22 333 06-28-2014 07:56 AM
Last Post: MrsMultiTasker
  Shadow people harassing me Superdave1991 31 6,509 05-04-2014 05:45 PM
Last Post: Itheblaze
Pumpkin_16 Are we being followed by shadow people katierhiain 5 6,016 05-04-2014 08:38 AM
Last Post: ChaosRose
  Ideas on how to get rid of shadow people? cvas2136 25 34,119 04-06-2014 10:40 AM
Last Post: pix