Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sudden Hauntings From Traveling Spirits and Demons
One of the threads I'd read earlier got me to thinking about traveling spirits. Which is why I decided to post this, to help people better understand how a place can just suddenly be occupied by a supernatural entity.

I believe that spirits can inhabit any place that we can inhabit, any type of building and even vehicles. They can also cling to regular every day items. I do believe that some spirits are stuck in certain places and can't travel, although I'm not really sure why they become trapped. But, many other spirits can move from place to place.

Some people have had a perfectly peaceful home and then suddenly began to see spirits, ghosts or demons. If this is the case with you and you're wondering why they've all of a sudden started appearing, there could be several answers.

First..........
Have you recently gotten something different? A couch, chair, table, vase, picture, was anything brought into the home right before you started having problems? While even brand new items can sometimes carry entities with them, I wouldn't imagine it's very common.

Older items are generally what can bring something into your home. Antiques can be especially bad since they've been around so long and sometimes had many owners. It can be anything, even a vase that was a favorite of a spirit that can't seem to cross over! In a case like this, often getting rid of the item will usually get rid of the spirit.

My parents once bought a used mattress, right from the beginning, my father would see a little old lady standing at the foot of the bed every night. While she didn't really pose any threat, I guess my father wasn't to crazy about a little old woman watching him sleep! They burned the mattress and he never saw her again.

Second..........
A best friend or a relative can be an unsuspecting carrier of something supernatural. They may have never seen anything, felt anything and usually don't have the slightest clue that something has attached itself to them. The majority of the time, it has nothing to do with the person and the person wouldn't harm you in any way.

They could have been somewhere and for some reason a entity just decided to go along with them when they left. And, for some other unknown reason, the entity decided it liked your home and decided to stay with you when you friend or relative left!

In the same way, you could have picked up a spirit somewhere and it's used you for a "taxi" into your home.

Thirdly..........
The worst scenario of all, you've really pissed someone off that has some power and they've unleashed something on you to torment or even harm you. This is the worst possible way for something to suddenly start. Why? Well, because if they have enough power to send something after you, you're going to need more power than they have to get rid of it.

I'm not in anyway saying that all sudden haunting's are caused by only these 3 reasons. Often, a spirit has occupied a place all along, either it's just not wished to show itself or you've just not been open to see it.

I also believe that sometimes some event in your life may just simply bring the spirit to "life". A quite spirit might for instance start showing itself after a tragedy such as a death in the family or other bad event.

What I am saying is that if you've suddenly started having problems with a supernatural entity, those 3 places are the best place to start looking for an answer. And, if you're lucky, it's something as simple as a new "used" item you just got for your home!
Excellent post the only thing I would add is STRESS can make you think you have paranormal activity and also cause real paranormal activity. With the economy the way it is and the way its heading expect more of this type of activity. Stress can come from many areas from money worries, work related, sexual tension, family troubles, and many more. If you experience this type of activity eliminate the stress and you will eliminate the trouble.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
UglyNRude Wrote:Excellent post the only thing I would add is STRESS can make you think you have paranormal activity and also cause real paranormal activity. With the economy the way it is and the way its heading expect more of this type of activity. Stress can come from many areas from money worries, work related, sexual tension, family troubles, and many more. If you experience this type of activity eliminate the stress and you will eliminate the trouble.

Excellent point! Stress can cause many things. The power that stress can have is evident in it's ability to make you physically sick, high blood pressure, heart attacks, strokes etc But, it also has the power to make you emotionally sick!

It can make you see things that really aren't there and really aren't happening. Especially in cases of severe stress, often you don't sleep well, your memory is affected etc So, I totally agree with UglyNRude, it can make you think your being haunted when you're not.

I think one of the main factors that links stress to real, true supernatural activity, is the fact that stress weakens both your body and your mind. The result is that you become more vulnerable to the supernatural world and more vulnerable to attacks from all kinds of entities.
(02-23-2009, 03:06 AM)Haunted Wrote: One of the threads I'd read earlier got me to thinking about traveling spirits. Which is why I decided to post this, to help people better understand how a place can just suddenly be occupied by a supernatural entity.

I believe that spirits can inhabit any place that we can inhabit, any type of building and even vehicles. They can also cling to regular every day items. I do believe that some spirits are stuck in certain places and can't travel, although I'm not really sure why they become trapped. But, many other spirits can move from place to place.

Some people have had a perfectly peaceful home and then suddenly began to see spirits, ghosts or demons. If this is the case with you and you're wondering why they've all of a sudden started appearing, there could be several answers.

First..........
Have you recently gotten something different? A couch, chair, table, vase, picture, was anything brought into the home right before you started having problems? While even brand new items can sometimes carry entities with them, I wouldn't imagine it's very common.

Older items are generally what can bring something into your home. Antiques can be especially bad since they've been around so long and sometimes had many owners. It can be anything, even a vase that was a favorite of a spirit that can't seem to cross over! In a case like this, often getting rid of the item will usually get rid of the spirit.

My parents once bought a used mattress, right from the beginning, my father would see a little old lady standing at the foot of the bed every night. While she didn't really pose any threat, I guess my father wasn't to crazy about a little old woman watching him sleep! They burned the mattress and he never saw her again.

Second..........
A best friend or a relative can be an unsuspecting carrier of something supernatural. They may have never seen anything, felt anything and usually don't have the slightest clue that something has attached itself to them. The majority of the time, it has nothing to do with the person and the person wouldn't harm you in any way.

They could have been somewhere and for some reason a entity just decided to go along with them when they left. And, for some other unknown reason, the entity decided it liked your home and decided to stay with you when you friend or relative left!

In the same way, you could have picked up a spirit somewhere and it's used you for a "taxi" into your home.

Thirdly..........
The worst scenario of all, you've really pissed someone off that has some power and they've unleashed something on you to torment or even harm you. This is the worst possible way for something to suddenly start. Why? Well, because if they have enough power to send something after you, you're going to need more power than they have to get rid of it.

I'm not in anyway saying that all sudden haunting's are caused by only these 3 reasons. Often, a spirit has occupied a place all along, either it's just not wished to show itself or you've just not been open to see it.

I also believe that sometimes some event in your life may just simply bring the spirit to "life". A quite spirit might for instance start showing itself after a tragedy such as a death in the family or other bad event.

What I am saying is that if you've suddenly started having problems with a supernatural entity, those 3 places are the best place to start looking for an answer. And, if you're lucky, it's something as simple as a new "used" item you just got for your home!
That is a great and informative post Haunted.

Like you said, stress can attract alsorts of entities. Probably one of the most troublesome being poltergeists, especially prevalent around teenagers, who experience high levels of hormonal imbalance/stress.

All my life I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific...
(03-22-2009, 05:35 PM)eyepriestess Wrote: That is a great and informative post Haunted.

Like you said, stress can attract alsorts of entities. Probably one of the most troublesome being poltergeists, especially prevalent around teenagers, who experience high levels of hormonal imbalance/stress.

Hi, I'm still trying to navigate around this forum and I have problems posting replies.
I wanted to reply to Haunted about traveling spirits. My experience with a dream catcher that I brought home from Oregon, was when I started seeing misty images, but at the same time, I was under stress.
I live on the Mojave Desert and we had a lot of wind storms the last couple of years. I had some damage to my house also.
I threw away the dream catcher, but the misty images continued to appear for awhile. Right now it has been quiet, but I think they are still here. I also had a candles in my bedroom that sometimes glowed in the dark, when they weren't lit. I threw them out also.
I have been advised to have my house cleaned with the burning of sage. [I can't remember what that is called] but I have to find someone that does that. Shy
nancy
Excellent post Haunted.

I agree there can be many reasons for a haunting. I do believe that negativity/stress can make a person more vulnerable to a haunting.

A earthbound spirit can be attached to many things. I believe they could be attached to a parcel of land, a building, an object, etc. Have unfinished business. Or just go from one place to another.

There were items that I wanted to collect from antique stores. My family asked that I not. They were concerned that there could be spirits attached. I respected their wishes. You have to be careful and go with your gut instinct when buying used items.

I also believe that if you mess with things you should not, or been properly trained, you could open a gate to allow spirits/demons in. Such as Ouija board, table tipping, dowsing rods, etc. As the saying goes, “All hell could break loose”.
I use to buy items people claimed were haunted, it was kind of a hobby. I bought lots of strange stuff and never experienced anything from them but a laugh at how stupid I was for buying them.

Ok now dowsing rods:
We have all heard about these people who used them to find water. Well this was amazing so I studied more. If you drill for water you find it over 90% of the time so the devining rods 90% accuracy was explained.
I have read about all the controversy surrounding divining rods so I thought I would make a few different pairs to test. The first pair was solid with no external handle. These to me allowed your hand position control them completely. So I decided to build another set with the rods free floating in the handles. This set seemed amazing at how they would cross. I could barely move at all and they would cross. So to test the hand causing unconscious movement I then built a holder that they would set in. I was now able to hold it with one hand. By doing this I eliminated the lack of control. they now appeared to not want to cross. So with this done I converted my holder so both hands held them in the same angle as when they were separated. They handles were still hooked together and moved together. This shows that hand position helped controlled them.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
(02-23-2009, 03:06 AM)Haunted Wrote: Second..........

Never heard of this one and not entirely sure I buy it. Are there any known cases of this sort of thing happening?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ghosts and spirits, or Demons and things like that? Parawhat 20 16,983 09-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Indiangirl