Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Do you believe in heaven or hell?
And if someone commits suicide, does this person go to hell?
Personally I believe in heaven and hell. In the Bible it does say suicide is a sin, whether or not you believe that sentances you to hell would be a personal belief I suppose.
If you don't talk to your cat about catnip, who will?Blue Cat
I believe in Heaven and Hell. But not in the traditional sense we've come to understand them...for instance, I don't see Hell as a big cave full of pitchforks with a red horned devil poking people....and I don't see Heaven as white fluffy clouds full of harps.....

To me, Heaven is a place of pure positivity, light, goodness, happiness...Unity with God....a place of peace, a place where no hurt happens...almost like a perfect version of what Earth should be like.

And Hell? Just seperation from God, seperation from that light, isolation, darkness.
Fiona! Done went inside my head and stole my thought! I agree completely with you, and see things much in that way myself.

I think as far as suicide goes...there is no cut and dried answer to that. In my opinion, someone who is at the point of taking their own life has already BEEN to hell...one that they only saw one escape from. The God that I believe in would take that into account.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

(03-19-2010, 10:39 AM)scarygirl67 Wrote: Fiona! Done went inside my head and stole my thought! I agree completely with you, and see things much in that way myself.

I think as far as suicide goes...there is no cut and dried answer to that. In my opinion, someone who is at the point of taking their own life has already BEEN to hell...one that they only saw one escape from. The God that I believe in would take that into account.
That's a very interesting thought!
I agree with Fiona about heaven being like earth the way it should be, Hell well i kinda of think its like......MMMMMMMMM........thinking of a way to describe my thoughts.........Say if you absolutley love tennis and i mean love it, love, love it, ok............Well there you are standing in the best tennis court you have ever been in, youve got all the best tennis clothes, shoes, bats, the grass is fantastic, the weather is not to hot, not too cold, everything is pee perfect. But theres no balls. ..............Hell
Heaven doesn't want me, and Hell's afraid i'll take over
Is there a heaven or hell? No

I think people can create their own Heaven or Hell, To find the perfect house, in the perfect location can be heaven. To be in a really bad relationship or an alcoholic or addicted to drugs can be hell. So we create our own heaven and hell.

Of course if you use google maps you'll find heaven is in Mainville Ohio

And hell is in Michigan. (I'm much closer to hell then heaven) and i've been in Hell numerous times riding the trails, the hilly winding roads and even eating at the Damn Site inn. I actually enjoy hell so one day I'll have to check out Heaven.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
I also believe that there is no cut and dry answer to this question. Dizz, i liked you answer to what your hell would be like. Mine would be, sitting by a beautiful lake, with a fishing rod, with no hooks or worms.. that would be hell... or, planting flowers, and they die...over and over again, that would be hell..
Pride and Fear always distort the truth into either a false sense of security or a lack of confidence and diminished self-worth.

Angel WIngs

I don't understand Heaven or Hell as 'places' (unless of course you are in Hell, Michigan...thank you UNR). There are however what I have come to know as varying levels of existence in differing realms.

I also don't believe in death as an ending permanent thing, it is simply the time when the energy of the spirit transforms...allowing us to pass into the different realms.

In the case of suicide...you still pass into another realm. What the veil beyond holds for the future of a spirit which has ended it's life at will, is entirely up to you. Like Scarygirl67 said...a life energy transformed into the realm of love and light or into the darkness.

That is our 'judgement day'...when we choose where we will continue to exist. We do have free will...even after death. I wholeheartedly believe that choice is also afforded to victims of suicide.
I don't know if there is a heaven or a hell. I think it's impossible to know what really happens after death. People come up with an explanation because it's the unknown, and the human mind doesn't like the unknown.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Belief in heaven over hell creates higher crime rate UglyNRude 18 7,269 07-18-2015, 10:03 PM
Last Post: angelaura