Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you believe objects can be "haunted" or have spirits attached to them?
01-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Do you believe objects can be "haunted" or have spirits attached to them?
Quite often I come across items on eBay which come with claim to be "haunted items." Items such a dolls and antique jewellery go for much more money because owners claim they have spirits that follow these items.

Whilst I am sceptical of this, especially on eBay, where people are just trying to get good money for a cheap item, I was curious to know your thoughts. Can items as well as buildings be haunted? Do ghosts really have any reason to follow around a braclet or doll etc? I mean, I understand why a ghost may feel it wants to stay in a home it grew up in, but follow a china doll or jewellery?

I'm not sure what I think about this.
Have any of you purchased anything that was supposed to be haunted?
What do you think about the whole concept of an item being haunted?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2010, 09:28 AM
RE: Do you believe objects can be "haunted" or have spirits attached to them?
I wouldnt trust those items I see on eBay to be truly haunted but I do believe it is possible. In one of my recent stories I talked about a black marble door knob which was definitely 'haunted' by some thing. I also know of another incident that involved some antique dolls that were haunted - http://www.trueghosttales.com/paranormal...ain-dolls/ (I wrote it but it happened to my sister)

~ Questioning the answers is much more important than answering the questions ~

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey ~^*White face*^~ Did Giants Once Walk the Earth?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-17-2010, 10:56 AM
I have purchased some of those supposedly haunted items off ebay and while they all had great stories they weren't haunted. I look at it like this, if a person has something in their home that scares them, why would you decide to sell it? Would you really want to sell something that gives you fear to others? I would just dispose of it.

Skeptic does not mean those who doubt, but those who research, investigate and look for facts.
01-17-2010, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2010 11:15 AM by scarygirl67.)
I do think that items can pick up the energies of things...however, I wouldn't go to ebay to find them! As UNR said, why would someone want to inflict a haunted item on someone else? However I will say that much as I adore secondhand and thrift stores...those would be places that could have something attached to an item...a former owner perhaps. Haven't had anything really bad happen yet...and I do surround myself with everything positive to keep the energy in my home and in my life on an even keel.

"I believe that the truth is out there but that it is rarely obvious and almost never foolproof. What I want to believe based on emotions and what I should believe based on evidence do not always coincide. I’m a skeptic not because I do not want to believe, but because I want to know."
- Michael Shermer

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
01-17-2010, 12:40 PM
I would never buy anything from eBay as I'd be too suspicious that it was simply to make a bit of money. And to be honest, if it WAS true, I wouldn't want it in my home lol.
01-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Im glad you brought up e-bay... i sold and bought on e-bay for about 3 years and did very well. I had a bigger house at the time and had plenty of room to run the business. I did get activity at times from some of the purchases, even down to baby clothes and toys. I bought and sold all sorts things. That is a time in my life where i experienced many orbs, very big to very small... they used to be around me bouncing around constantly... my hubby used to say to me, and he is very skeptical, but also deals with the paranormal to a point. What type of shipment did you get in today?? There is something going on for sure,,lol......

I dont deal with e-bay any more!!! As far as people trying to sell things that are haunted, i think its a bunch of fffoooyyy.... I guess it is possible, but why would anyone want to buy something haunted.... Or sell it for that matter as others here have said...

That just gave me an idea,, lol,,, no,no, just kidding!!!! I would never sell or give someone something that i thought had negative energy attached to it.....

Pride and Fear always distort the truth into either a false sense of security or a lack of confidence and diminished self-worth.

Angel WIngs
01-17-2010, 02:00 PM
LOL at K2M! Im glad to hear you won't be passing on any spirits lol. (Unless you're selling a good bottle of wine!)
01-17-2010, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2010 02:26 PM by WasNotWas.)
(01-17-2010 11:14 AM)scarygirl67 Wrote:  I do think that items can pick up the energies of things...however, I wouldn't go to ebay to find them! As UNR said, why would someone want to inflict a haunted item on someone else? However I will say that much as I adore secondhand and thrift stores...those would be places that could have something attached to an item...a former owner perhaps. Haven't had anything really bad happen yet...and I do surround myself with everything positive to keep the energy in my home and in my life on an even keel.

Yes!! I absolutely agree with this. I don't necessarily recommend the people on e-bay. But I do think that energy is a constant living thing and therefore we leave it on objects that we touch. IF haunted objects exist, and I don't claim to know that they do, but IF they do I think it would be because of an energy somebody had left on it and not necessarily that it was a person's ghost. I don't know if you guys believe in body memories, but I truly believe that every cell in our body carries our memories and so if we leave our cells behind, we leave our memories behind that we had up to that point where the cells remained on the object.

I hope that I am making sense. Sometimes when I am really excited about an idea I tend to babble. We did an episode on our show about haunted objects AND body memories actually. The whole thing fascinated me and I really got into the research. It is something that really makes sense to me.

www.beyondtheseries.com
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakens. - Carl G. Jung
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Before I comment I have to say this: From what I understand, a spirit has intelligence and a ghost is energy left behind; it's just common to combine them under one name.
I believe spirit's can attach themselves to an object. I also believe a person's energy (ghost) can remain on an item.
When my Grandma died, my son got her furniture. It got to a point where my daughter would hesitate before passing his room because she would see Grandma asleep on the bed. Grandma never interacted, which tells me it was just her energy left on the bed. Now, at the same time, a cup flew off my son's (Grandma's) side dresser. Whether that was her or not, I am not sure. We had a lot going on in that house anyway.
That's just one example I have of energy being attached. I know it is possible.
Why would people sell haunted items? Because people are sick. Crossbones But who is sicker? The buyer or the seller? Nuff sed...
CT, I read your story. I hate dolls. I expect my own nightmares tonight, thank you very much!
WNW, I am glad you brought up cell memory. I had not thought of that in a while. I read about it once and it was very interesting; tied in to reincarnation.

"It sounded like a bad fry, unimportant, with a bowl of rice." ~ Victor

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." ~ Billy, age 4
01-17-2010, 08:11 PM
I dont like dolls either, not at all...... IG, you made a very good point about spirits and ghosts... very interesting!!!!

Pride and Fear always distort the truth into either a false sense of security or a lack of confidence and diminished self-worth.

Angel WIngs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Question about trigger objects/posiible haunted objects howoldami 9 1,643 06-25-2010 03:23 PM
Last Post: lightkeeper
  Haunted Objects GhostsandMore 11 2,137 05-17-2010 01:18 AM
Last Post: GhostsandMore