Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Most Horror Movie You Have Seen Till Now ?
You guys might have seen many movies which are rated as horror but not all are very scary . So Share with us the movie which you feel is the most scariest of all.
Great question IndianFreak.

The movies that scared me the most as a kid were the first two Amityville Horror films because they played on my mind when I went to bed. Also the first two Friday the 13th films, because I lived in the middle of nowhere and could imagine someone out there.

I haven't seen the Amityville Horror films for years so I don't know if I would find them scary now.

As for Friday the 13th I can't say that it's scary now. I think the first Halloween film is far better anyway.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is not exactly scary, but one of the most uncormfortable films to watch. Whilst watching I just wanted it to finish. Also The Hills Have Eyes fits into this category, not scary just horrible to watch. I don't really see why people like them to be honest. Incidentally, I don't actually class movies like these as true horror films, as they are really just about sicko murderers.

The first three A Nightmare On Elm Street films are extremely good, and one of these was the only film to actually give me a nightmare. That's the genius of these, because as Freddy only comes after you when you are asleep, you are more likely to think about it when you go to sleep.

I only saw The Exorcist properly after it had been rereleased in the UK after being banned for years. I'm glad that I didn't watch this one as a kid as I think it's quite disturbing if you believe in anything paranormal. I still find this scary in the sense that you cannot get it out of your head. In my opinion it's defintely the best horror film, even though I don't really like to watch it anymore.
:shock: The last scary movie I watched was Bride of Chucky. Dosh, it creeps my bones outta me. :roll:
The scariest, movie with the most publicity that it would scar children for life, people were getting sick watching, People with weak hearts were warned not to see it. was The Excorsist. When it came out in the 70's it was supposed to be the worst movie ever. I saw it with a lot of college students and everyone laughed all the way through it.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
(09-20-2008, 05:50 PM)UglyNRude Wrote: The scariest, movie with the most publicity that it would scar children for life, people were getting sick watching, People with weak hearts were warned not to see it. was The Excorsist. When it came out in the 70's it was supposed to be the worst movie ever. I saw it with a lot of college students and everyone laughed all the way through it.

Roflmao, how is that possible THE WHOLE MOVIE????? I honestly do not believe that. lolz Oh My!
Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. Terry Pratchett
The movie that scared me the most, that had me hiding my eyes and at one point even leaving the room, I saw it at home, was Alien! You never knew when it was going to dropped down and take your head off! The suspense in that movie was awesome. Your imagination was your worst enemy in that movie.

I have watched all the horror movies mentioned, and none affected me quite like Alien!

Mine was 'Casper'... 10 mins after starting I ran off up the road Oh My!

All my life I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific...
Tongue Grin

Casper would be proud. Big eyes You were driving? For real?

Tongue...Ok! 'Hill House' is number 1 - the hand dangling out of bed holding what she thought was her mates has never left me...ever! Plus the door being pummelled and kind of caving in the middle...geez, just watch it Oh My!

No. 2 The Exorcist (watch it on your own UNR)

No. 3 The Changeling, like people have said before, that ball falling down the stairs was extremely creepy.

No. 4 The film name escapes me, but the ghost knocked on the bedroom door of someone called Abbie, it then kept knocking and knocking and then started saying 'Abbie, Abbie' outside the door. OMG that has stayed with me ever since too.

No. 5 The Amytyville did freak me out a fair bit too.

(05-26-2009, 05:23 PM)Pitch Potter Wrote: Tongue Grin

Casper would be proud. Big eyes You were driving? For real?

All my life I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific...
Event Horison - I will not watch it again.. nope!!

That was one jacked up movie.. oh and yeah hubby loved it ( mutters to self and why did I marry him.. Owl Eyes lol)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which horror movie will you not watch by yourself SARAH BLUECLOUD 31 22,059 10-16-2014, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Osirus
  What is your favorite type of movie horror? SARAH BLUECLOUD 11 17,286 06-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Last Post: scarygirl67
  My favorite Horror Movie: Freddy VS Jason-a little spoiler RealNoodle23 7 5,075 08-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Black Skull Sun