Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what religion do you believe in? if any?
Jack_16 
Hi everyone I just created an account.

I just wanted to know what faiths we've got on here for my own curiosity reasons lol 

and or whats you belief on the paranormal from your religion? 

luke<3
Protestant Christian. Am open minded on the supernatural but tend to be skeptical.
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Darkforeboding for this post:
  • BlueExorcist
Not really on about religion. I like the idea of community, but I can get that somewhere else. And the spirituality, that one can find in religion, is a personal endeavour anyways. I will say though, the community can be a big thing. My grandparents are apart of a Romanian church, and the priest will make house visits if they can't make it.
One year, for her birthday (she's getting old now) the church had originally planned for a group of Romanian musicians come to the church (not related to the birthday). After the event finished, the priest brought the band and a collection of parishioners to her house to surprise her for her birthday (because she couldn't make it down for the event).

So they had wine and dinner and the musicians from Romania. The drive was 40 minutes for them. Sometimes, good people and good community is a wonderful thing.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to KaelisRa for this post:
  • BlueExorcist
(05-27-2020, 12:25 PM)Darkforeboding Wrote: Protestant Christian.  Am open minded on the supernatural but tend to be skeptical.

ok nice, so have you ever experienced any thing paranormal/ skeptical about the whole thing or certain parts of it like Bigfoot and Vampire?
(05-28-2020, 11:30 AM)KaelisRa Wrote: Not really on about religion. I like the idea of community, but I can get that somewhere else. And the spirituality, that one can find in religion, is a personal endeavour anyways. I will say though, the community can be a big thing. My grandparents are apart of a Romanian church, and the priest will make house visits if they can't make it.
One year, for her birthday (she's getting old now) the church had originally planned for a group of Romanian musicians come to the church (not related to the birthday). After the event finished, the priest brought the band and a collection of parishioners to her house to surprise her for her birthday (because she couldn't make it down for the event).

So they had wine and dinner and the musicians from Romania. The drive was 40 minutes for them. Sometimes, good people and good community is a wonderful thing.

see thats something that really like about religion the sense of community and family. thats a really nice story thanks for sharing. hope your grandparents are well.
(05-30-2020, 06:27 PM)BlueExorcist Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 12:25 PM)Darkforeboding Wrote: Protestant Christian.  Am open minded on the supernatural but tend to be skeptical.

ok nice, so have you ever experienced any thing paranormal/ skeptical about the whole thing or certain parts of it like Bigfoot and Vampire?

No, never anything like Bigfoot, vampires, werewolves, ghosts, UFO's, or any visible anything that could be considered supernatural, paranormal, cryptozoological, logical or illogical, or really anything visible.

What have I had?  I've had several compelling stories from people I know personally that saw something supernatural, leading me to the belief that there is "something" that happened; that these people are not hallucinating or lying and they've really seen something they can't explain.  I also believe not being able to explain something doesn't necessarily mean that it must be supernatural.

I've also had some noises that I couldn't explain readily.  Slamming doors, in one case, in a place where there wasn't anyone and no door to be slammed.  Yes, there could be a rational explanation, but I couldn't find one.

I've also had some strange, coincidental events happen in my life that lead me to believe there are spirits and a supreme being.  This is part of the reason I am a Christian and I don't back down from my beliefs.
-DFB

(05-26-2020, 08:34 AM)BlueExorcist Wrote: Hi everyone I just created an account.

I just wanted to know what faiths we've got on here for my own curiosity reasons lol 

and or whats you belief on the paranormal from your religion? 

luke<3

I'm a Spiritualist and have been for many years.   My journey in Spiritualism has enabled me to witness numerous interesting phenomena, including what I consider to be a really good example of evidence of an afterlife.

Does that mean that you think that none of the apparently supernatural events in the Bible actually took place, i.e. that they were made up stories?   Or do you think that they probably did take place but were paranormal, as opposed to supernatural?
(06-05-2020, 11:16 AM)Dronfieldman Wrote:

Does that mean that you think that none of the apparently supernatural events in the Bible actually took place, i.e. that they were made up stories?   Or do you think that they probably did take place but were paranormal, as opposed to supernatural?

I'd probably need to hear your definition of paranormal and supernatural to answer that correctly.

What I believe about the Bible is that it was correct as originally written, but over time might have drifted in meaning or been exaggerated.  Those copying scripture might also have deleted parts and added others, either accidentally or on purpose.

My thoughts on the supernatural is that I know a lot of people that I believe when they tell me they saw "something" but I don't necessarily believe it was the spirit of a deceased person appearing on Earth.  Or that whatever someone saw in the sky is a spaceship piloted by beings from another star system.  I mostly believe stories that people relate of extremely remote coincidences as I've had a few of those happen myself.  But by the time you wade through all the stories of Bigfoot, UFO's, chupacabras, ghosts, and anything else you find a huge number of them come from frauds, liars, or people that are just delusional.  Hidden in there somewhere there might be one or two that actually happened.
-DFB

I would define 'supernatural' as an incident that contravenes the Laws of Nature:  it literally means 'above Nature'.   I would define 'paranormal' as an incident that doesn't fit in with today's laws of Physics.   My view is that it is most unlikely that anything in the Universe contravenes the Laws of Nature.   If anyone or anything could drive a coach and horses through the Laws of Nature, surely the Universe would not still be ticking as an ordered system after billions of years - surely it would have crashed long ago?   However, physicists would readily admit, I'm sure, that they don't yet understand everything about how the Universe works.   So it could be in the future that further light will be thrown on the Laws of Nature, which would explain how paranormal phenomena work.