Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strange silver insect
hi this is my first time posting it was a long time ago yet i can clearly remember it me my mom and my siblings where walking a crowed of kids where around a large telephone pole i looked to see this thing it was 12 inches tall and what i could describe  as a cartoonish version of a Mosquito it shined in the sun it was silver it was pecking at the pole it then turned to look at the crowed to let out a strange screech or noise my mother yelled for me grabbed my hand and ran with me i know it was not a dream i remember it well it i posted a crude drawing i will work on a better picture of it has anyone ever seen the same thing or have any idea what i saw thank you

Attached Files Image(s)

Ok so how about other witnesses? What did they see?
Age at seeing this?
Sure it wasn't a bird? Lots of birds peck wood
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
Your picture looks almost like a bee or hummingbird. Silver insect there are beetles that are silver in color and have wings but that doesn't fit with your description with the beetles having two pincher looking things, so ruled out. I'm going with the Dixid Midges they are silver in color and often times mistaken i.d.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFO debunked as an insect UglyNRude 10 8,574 11-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Bracket