Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you guys ever meet people in your dreams?
For as long as I can remember, I've met people in my dreams. They stand out from the 'NPC's in the dream (Sorry for the lack of a better term, but "Non-Player Character" seems to be the most accurate description I have). The 'NPC's will have a bit of a faded aspect to them, and I'll usually get caught up with them in whatever story is being played out in the dream. Solving a murder mystery, trying to find something, trying to escape from somewhere, ect. My dreams all tend to be like mini-movies, and the cast is about as engaging as the story is. It's more like they're there to hand out tasks and be backdrop.

That being said, the people I meet in them, the other 'Players' so to say, stand out because they visibly are more.. real? There's more detail to them, and they have personalities and desires and wishes and interests that aren't laid out to me like the NPC-folks are. I can usually figure out all of the components of my dream and manipulate them, but the 'Players' aren't manipulateable. They often try to meld with the dream storyline to blend in, or try to disappear altogether once I realize what they are. They also are capable of interacting with the dreamscape more similarly to me. They aren't people I've already known or met, nor do they share characteristics with people I known or met.

They're also followed up by, sometimes, by the presence of a shadowy monster thing, but I can delve more into that if this thread picks up and people would like to discuss about it.
For this one, I'd just like to focus on whether other people experience meeting people in their dreams, and if they have any input on that.

- Gamma
Can't say I've experienced that, but then, I tend to forget most of my dreams within a day of my waking up. I've heard people say that you're visiting someone on another plane. I don't really believe that, but I wish it was true. I've had some of my pets visit me in my dreams and I'd like to think they were still alive someplace enjoying the afterlife.
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Darkforeboding for this post:
  • TheBeingBetween

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question from a reader about dreams of dead people CareTaker 29 25,767 12-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Dreamwalker