Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychic Attack or OBE? Any suggestions? Thank you.
Yesterday night I woke up being paralyzed and I had these weird sensations in my chest. For some reason I got the feeling that I was being attacked by a psychic entity, so I tried to shield myself as best as I could. I tried focusing my energy to create a shield and try to remove whatever was disturbing me. No matter what I did, I still couldn’t move, it was terrifying. And for some odd reason images of the occult kept popping in my mind. I had read some occult books the previous day, but these were new things I have never seen before. Demonic images, people dancing around fires, ritual ceremonies etc, which left me totally confused. I couldn’t even open my eyelids as I was forced to watch these things happen in front of me. I was determined to win, and to fully awaken. I started getting scared. Finally, for no obvious reason I jumped up and was free of this struggle. I was really freaked out. It all felt so real, like I was there, like I experienced it firsthand. Was this some kind of dream, an attack from someone or something? I couldn’t find the answers so I started asking around various places, and posted on an occult forum. But maybe talkparanormal has better answers here. Is this how an OBE feels like? What do you guys think it was? Please help me.

Thank you in advance,

Ben
Your experience has the classic symptom of sleep paralysis. More specific you experienced a hypnopompic event. It's not that uncommon and nothiing to be too concerned with unless you have recurrent bouts.

A short description can be found here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnopompic
https://www.sleepassociation.org/sleep-d...ing-sleep/

Look further for a more definitive explanation. Wikipedia is often supplied by user submissions and requires further research typically for more advanced accuracy in descriptions.

FWIW- I had my share of hynagogic and hynopompic experiences throughout my lifetime. It most certainly has a mundane explanation.
[Image: 2pzabo5.jpg]
"Men who have excessive faith in their theories and ideas are not only ill
prepared in making discoveries; they also make poor observations."
---Claude Bernard---
have you had sleep paralysis before?
yeah.. i get sleep paralysis episodes once in a while..
if your eyelids are open ..i mean if your are able to see things in your room when its happening, and you can't move with a tight feeling on your chest or someone is on your room.. its the way sleep paralysis is described in some places i've read.

I will say about a OOBE i once had..
I was asleep on my couch in living hall.. and i felt like someone rang the bell..
actually.. I used to frequently get sleep paralysis at that time.
that day.. after hearing the bell.. i tried to get up, unlock the door.. but i was unable to unlock i wondered why. i saw that my body was right there on the couch . I have had a similar experience before.. I tried to lie on my body.. trying to wake up again.. but i was unable to wake up. after sometime , i gave up and thought .. when my body wakes up.. it'll wake up. there is nothing i can do. after sometime, i was completely awake.