Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange activity caught on camera in a 16th century castle
Let me start off with a quick introduction,
I'm Bart (29) from Belgium and I've been living for 25 years in a 16th century castle. I've moved to a new constructed house since, but my parents are still living there. I've always been a non-believer, and still am, but the last few months I've been transforming to more of a doubter..

Throughout the years we all experienced some strangs happenings going from footsteps, knocking on doors, to hearing somebody coming up the stairs in broad daylight with like 7 witnesses hearing it all. There are too many stories to start summing up.. But we always tried giving it a logical explanation, even when it was nearly impossible.

Since a few months we wanted to mount a few camera's in some inhabited rooms and areas, such as the basement. They have been recording for 3 months now and 2 clips are pretty chilling and I really wanted to share them with you so you can give an hones opinion of what might have been going on. 

The first video was captured late at night (must have been around 1AM). First of all the time stamp was completely incorrect, it was nightime (can be verified because it's pitch dark in the room and no light is coming from the window on the far right side). Some things seem to reflect on the camera's IR light, but it doesn't look like the dust we often see, it was more.. smooth? But it's what followed is what really give the chills! All of the sudden you can hear a conversation of some sort, it's almost inaudible. We can't make out what is being said and we don't recognize any voices, but it made our hairs stand straight up, knowing that I have been sleeping just next to that room for 25 years. Here is the clip:

The second clip was recorded about a week ago. It was recorded in the basement. At the time nobody was home and we were all at a restaurant. A faint light can be seen moving from a part of the basement to the left side into the right side before disappearing. Bear in mind that the castle is in the middle of a big property, the street is really far away and can't be seen from the building, so street- or car lighting is impossible. Also the light comes clearly from the left side and there is the central section of the basement where are no windows. Nobody was on the premises at the time. We will install a second camera in the basement soon. This is the clip:

Bear in mind that I'm rather a non-believer than a believer, but I do believe that if there is something, it can certainly be seen in a castle of that age with that history.

Let me know what you think!
In the first video, that looks like an insect. Seen this many times during our filming as well.

As to the conversation later, that could easily have been intercepted by a poorly shielded audio device picking up anything from an AM/FM UHF/VHF, shortwave, cellphone transmission etc.

Many years ago, while conducting a presentation at a local college, out team investigated for a brief time downstairs in the basement corridor where a little girl had been seen. Our associate covering the event was running a monologue as we did our walkthrough. Hours after we received an alarming call about a lengthy conversation being recorded while the walkthrough was taking place.

She was using a shoebox audio cassette recorder with a very long cable coupled to a condenser microphone. After further research, the long mic cable was acting like an antenna and picking up the local college radio station. This was still remarkable because the basement was shielded and often complained about concerning cellphone reception.

Your welcome to debate the audio transmission but with the abundance of devices penetrating the airwaves it's hard to rule out interference without physically using a Faraday cage. Even that has its shortcomings unless it's grounded properly.
[Image: 2pzabo5.jpg]
"Men who have excessive faith in their theories and ideas are not only ill
prepared in making discoveries; they also make poor observations."
---Claude Bernard---
(05-31-2019, 03:01 AM)EVP Wrote: In the first video, that looks like an insect. Seen this many times during our filming as well.

As to the conversation later, that could easily have been intercepted by a poorly shielded audio device picking up anything from an AM/FM UHF/VHF, shortwave, cellphone transmission etc.

Many years ago, while conducting a presentation at a local college, out team investigated for a brief time downstairs in the basement corridor where a little girl had been seen. Our associate covering the event was running a monologue as we did our walkthrough. Hours after we received an alarming call about a lengthy conversation being recorded while the walkthrough was taking place.

She was using a shoebox audio cassette recorder with a very long cable coupled to a condenser microphone. After further research, the long mic cable was acting like an antenna and picking up the local college radio station. This was still remarkable because the basement was shielded and often complained about concerning cellphone reception.

Your welcome to debate the audio transmission but with the abundance of devices penetrating the airwaves it's hard to rule out interference without physically using a Faraday cage. Even that has its shortcomings unless it's grounded properly.

Could be an insect, for sure. The conversation I'm not so sure.. It's a camera that has no external mic, could this pick up a radio signal like that?
It's not limited to an external microphone. It's rooted to poorly shielded devices in general. In my example above, the cable did indeed amplify the RF interference most likely.

I specialize in audio anomalies and to be perfectly honest, unless you are receiving answers to question consisting of multiple words and/or preventing RF interference by implementing a Faraday cage as a control, it's easy to discount it as a paranormal event.

My big turning point came 7 years ago when I recorded a woman's voice in my vacant house calling out my first and last name loud enough to wake me. I was monitoring real-time and it was recorded. Aural voice phenomena is exceedingly rare. In the decade I've been recording audio, I've heard only a handful of real-time captures. Most captures are not physically heard during the monitoring process. There's speculation EVP is low level EMF that stimulates the voice coil but keep in mind it can be rooted to mundane events.

Typical EVP/AVP amounts to a brief moment where only a few words are formulated. The longest snippet I heard came from a Kentucky paranormal group lasting 23 seconds that quickly deteriorated into an inaudible mess. That is an exception most definitely. Receiving single words are the most common but extremely controversial in origin. There's also a rating system in terms of quality with most being very low with precise pronunciation occurring rarely.

Further interest in EVP can found from the late great Sarah Estep. She was the founder of the American Association of Electronic Voice Phenomena. Unfortunately, that organization is now defunct.

Her first book "Voices Of Eternity" comes as a free download here:

https://atransc.org/voices_of_eternity_web.pdf
[Image: 2pzabo5.jpg]
"Men who have excessive faith in their theories and ideas are not only ill
prepared in making discoveries; they also make poor observations."
---Claude Bernard---
Good ole sarah..... she also claimed to have recorded numerous aliens. May she rest in peace. Guess she knows the truth now
Pretty much any electronic device can pick up radio waves if it has the right parts.  I was hearing music and voices… but only in one corner of my room and very faint.  Eventually I figured out it was my box fan.

You can google it.  Apparently it’s fairly common.

If a box fan can pick up radio waves, I’m pretty sure any recording equipment can, as well.  It’s one of the (many) reasons I don’t trust so called EVP.

I’m what I like to call a ‘skeptical believer.’ 

The first step of any paranormal investigation should not be an effort to prove that a ghost is in your house.  You should try to prove that there is not one.  If you’ve exhausted all the rational explanations… then maybe, just maybe… something is going on.

You mentioned other experiences over the years but from the recordings you shared?  Bugs or dust mites and radio signals.  Didn’t see anything special in the so called light moving across the room.  Was it cloudy that night?  Perhaps a break in the clouds let moonlight shine in the window. 

That’s as far as I can get.

I’d love to hear more stories.  My advice would be to start a new thread for different events.  People who felt they had nothing to add to this one likely won’t be following it but might read a new thread.

8 )
[img][Image: SignatureToday2_zpsb40bf612.jpg][/img]
I'm reminded of the Boy Scout Manual I had when I was a kid. Yes, I admit it was from the 1950's and they were actually still the BOY Scouts, then.

Anyway, it had directions for building a radio from a safety pin and a rubber eraser. You also needed a speaker or earphone, but yes, that's literally all it takes to pick up a radio signal, especially a strong one.
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Strange Activity Within the Household [This is long] Can't Stop Won't Stop 1 1,328 11-15-2018, 12:53 AM
Last Post: informant_looking_for_info
  Strange faces caught in reflection SupreWarrior 1 1,828 05-24-2017, 06:20 PM
Last Post: lorac61469
  Top 10 SCARY Ghost Sightings Caught On Camera herotop1 1 2,401 06-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Darkforeboding
  Ghost in gym caught on camera, CNN report Twinbird 10 8,081 09-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Gizmo