Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experience at my house
I've been sleeping at my new house now for a almost three years now. I noticed something was off little by little. I always thought it was simply my imagination. One night as I was sleeping, I thought I heard my name being called. Again I ignored it each time this happened thinking I was sleep deprived. I could feel something in my room and as if it was watching me. One night, I got hit in my chest and it woke me up straight out of bed. This never happened to me again, but it happened to me a few weeks ago when I chose to ignore the feeling I got inside of my room. I'm not sure what to do about it. Each time I tell anyone about it, they simply tell me it's my imagination and don't tell me seriously. It startled me and freaked me out. Now I sleep with the light on each time I go to bed and some nights I keep my TV on to comfort me. I'm not sure what to do. Got any idea's? I'm still freaked out about this and I don't want to go to my parents again about this because I know they'll simply brush it under the rug again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to BlackEyedChildren for this post:
  • EVP
Listen to your parents.....  and study parasomnia. Try rearranging your bed away from electrical devices.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
(01-11-2019, 12:02 AM)BlackEyedChildren Wrote: I've been sleeping at my new house now for a almost three years now. I noticed something was off little by little. I always thought it was simply my imagination. One night as I was sleeping, I thought I heard my name being called. Again I ignored it each time this happened thinking I was sleep deprived. I could feel something in my room and as if it was watching me. One night, I got hit in my chest and it woke me up straight out of bed. This never happened to me again, but it happened to me a few weeks ago when I chose to ignore the feeling I got inside of my room. I'm not sure what to do about it. Each time I tell anyone about it, they simply tell me it's my imagination and don't tell me seriously. It startled me and freaked me out. Now I sleep with the light on each time I go to bed and some nights I keep my TV on to comfort me. I'm not sure what to do. Got any idea's? I'm still freaked out about this and I don't want to go to my parents again about this because I know they'll simply brush it under the rug again.

It's hard to tell if it's just your imagination or not, especially if you have hobbies of listening and/or watching horrors, as it could affect your way of seeing and feeling reality. One question here if you allow me; did you feel hurt on your chest when you woke up?

PS I'm sorry if you feel that I have a strange English; I'm not an English native speaker.