Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think the king james bible says lucid dreaming is bad.
I just opened up the king james version of the bible and got this:

Jeremiah 27:9 Therefore hearken not ye to your prophets, nor to your diviners, nor to your dreamers, nor to your enchanters, nor to your sorcerers, which speak unto you, saying, Ye shall not serve the king of Babylon.

It says dreamers.That sounds like lucid dreaming to me.But i could have just read it wrong.

Also in jeremiah 29:8 For thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed.

How i read it.It says not to do lucid dreaming by inducing it.

What do you guys think of all this?
(12-21-2018, 06:33 PM)batman lover Wrote: I just opened up the king james version of the bible and got this:

Jeremiah 27:9 Therefore hearken not ye to your prophets, nor to your diviners, nor to your dreamers, nor to your enchanters, nor to your sorcerers, which speak unto you, saying, Ye shall not serve the king of Babylon.

It says dreamers.That sounds like lucid dreaming to me.But i could have just read it wrong.

Also in jeremiah 29:8 For thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed.

How i read it.It says not to do lucid dreaming by inducing it.

What do you guys think of all this?

I'm pretty quick to suggest that people read the Bible and place what it says in context.  Jeremiah was directly addressing the children of Israel, specifically the nation of Judah, and telling them they were going to be conquered by Babylon.  His direction to them was not to listen to anyone that was foretelling that it wouldn't happen.
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  question about my method for lucid dreaming batman lover 4 1,035 01-26-2019, 02:42 PM
Last Post: KaelisRa
  Lucid Dreaming Vultyrex 5 1,775 04-15-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: jadewik
  Making Strange Vocal Tone while Lucid Dreaming Staticseer 15 9,006 07-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Booger-boo
  Lucid dreaming: Is it possible? Sempethy 9 11,612 02-13-2014, 02:13 AM
Last Post: nawal
  Lucid dreaming SweetyStacey 7 5,027 07-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Last Post: CareTaker