Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does God want us to judge him?
Does God want us to judge him?

I think that God wants us to judge him. We are to emulate Jesus. Jesus judged God and found him wanting.

Upon taking the judgement seat, Jesus indicated that it was time to retire Yahweh. Jesus saw Yahweh as no longer fit to rule over or judge man. Man had in essence graduated to his rightful place as the judge of all the Gods.

Christians, who are told by their own scriptures to judge righteously, are not doing so when it comes to Yahweh.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Yahweh is quite a vile God. It is no wonder that Yahweh does not show his face around Christians. They would kill him. Jesus did say that he came to bring War. Perhaps he meant war against God, which would be following Jewish tradition.

If God wants us to judge him, why do most Christians not judge God in a righteous and moral manner?

Place no God above me, means that God wants us to judge all the Gods, including himself, to insure he is the best of the best. How else could we know that Yahweh was the best God to follow?

Do you agree, or are we not supposed to judge God?

Regards
DL
(12-16-2018, 02:57 PM)Enemy No. 1 Gnostic Wrote: Does God want us to judge him?

I think that God wants us to judge him. We are to emulate Jesus. Jesus judged God and found him wanting.

Upon taking the judgement seat, Jesus indicated that it was time to retire Yahweh. Jesus saw Yahweh as no longer fit to rule over or judge man. Man had in essence graduated to his rightful place as the judge of all the Gods.

Christians, who are told by their own scriptures to judge righteously, are not doing so when it comes to Yahweh.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Yahweh is quite a vile God. It is no wonder that Yahweh does not show his face around Christians. They would kill him. Jesus did say that he came to bring War. Perhaps he meant war against God, which would be following Jewish tradition.

If God wants us to judge him, why do most Christians not judge God in a righteous and moral manner?

Place no God above me, means that God wants us to judge all the Gods, including himself, to insure he is the best of the best. How else could we know that Yahweh was the best God to follow?

Do you agree, or are we not supposed to judge God?

Regards
DL

You left out part of yr bible quote.  The full sentence is “Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; abstain from every form of evil.”  1 Thessalonians 5: 20-22

I know it’s difficult for you to focus on a complete thought, but you didn’t even get yr own quote correct.

This is 1 Thessalonians 5:21… ‘but test everything; hold fast to what is good;’

Turns out, you omitted the ‘but’ and capitalized the ‘T’ and changed the semi-colon to a period to make it seem like a complete statement, rather than a sentence fragment.

This is why no one responds to yr posts anymore.  No one takes you seriously because you are not credible.  You intentionally alter yr quotes, you take things out of context and… frankly… seem to get most of yr information from Google searches.  Can you even tell me which translation of the bible yr (mis)quoting?  KJV?  NIV?  ASV?  NRSV?  Because translations differ and words matter.

Yr quote has nothing to do with judging God and everything to do with questioning the people who profess to speak for God.  It is a call to not blindly follow the teachings of the church but rather look inward and determine for yrself what is good and right, for God has given each of us a moral compass to follow and, if we hold faith in ourselves, we can’t go wrong.

Yeah, yeah, I know… TLDR… but I’m the only one left listening, so mayhaps you could meet me halfway?  Like, give me a counter argument without insulting me?  In the holiday spirit?

Anyhoo, have a happy (6 month early) baby Jesus day
[img][Image: SignatureToday2_zpsb40bf612.jpg][/img]
Thanks for the irrelevant correction that adds nothing to the quote while not answering the O.P. in any way.

You show your uselessness as an apologist.

Regards
D
Yr quite welcome, kind sir, but I think yr confusing Jesus’ opinion of our Father with his opinion of organized religion at that point in time.  The full quote is a call to not blindly follow spiritual leaders, but rather to test their words against yr own internal moral compass, and hold fast to what yr heart tells you is good.  Jesus did indeed come to wage war, but war against those who would use the word of God for personal gain, for power or out of malice.

To use a recent political slogan, Christ came to ‘drain the swamp.’

I fail to see where you get the idea that Jesus judged our Father and found Him lacking.  I don’t recall Him saying one ill word about God.  But I do recall this bit…

“Do you think I have come to abolish the law or the prophets?  I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.  For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.  Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”  

-Jesus, as quoted in Matthew 5:17-19 (NRSV)

Oh, and you'll notice that even those who break God's laws and commandments still get to go to Heaven.  They just have to wait in line in Purgatory, instead of getting ushered in VIP style...

Blueud
[img][Image: SignatureToday2_zpsb40bf612.jpg][/img]
He won't notice. It goes against his narrative and his bias. Thus, he will be willfully blind to any of it.
Mika' pid='200344' dateline='1545203632']
Yr quite welcome, kind sir, but I think yr confusing Jesus’ opinion of our Father with his opinion of organized religion at that point in time.  The full quote is a call to not blindly follow spiritual leaders, but rather to test their words against yr own internal moral compass, and hold fast to what yr heart tells you is good.  Jesus did indeed come to wage war, but war against those who would use the word of God for personal gain, for power or out of malice.

To use a recent political slogan, Christ came to ‘drain the swamp.’

I fail to see where you get the idea that Jesus judged our Father and found Him lacking.  I don’t recall Him saying one ill word about God.  But I do recall this bit…

“Do you think I have come to abolish the law or the prophets?  I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.  For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.  Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”  

-Jesus, as quoted in Matthew 5:17-19 (NRSV)

Oh, and you'll notice that even those who break God's laws and commandments still get to go to Heaven.  They just have to wait in line in Purgatory, instead of getting ushered in VIP style...

Blueud
[/quote]

Compare the law Jesus said he came to fulfil, to what Christianity has done to have you ignore that same law.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Christians would have Jesus break his own law.

Those who plan to use substitutionary punishment and use Jesus as their scapegoat will end in hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9gEBdg

Regards
DL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians judge god as good. Gnostic Christians judge god as evil. Which religion is Enemy No. 1 Gnostic 1 909 10-01-2018, 08:11 AM
Last Post: KaelisRa