Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 stories and a question.
1. At the age of 9 (1979) a few weeks after my first grandfather died I felt a tap on my shoulder while brushing my teeth and without hesitation, I said, "Papa?" There was no one there, I wasn't afraid, I knew it was him. 

2. Fast forward to 2001 and I'm stationed in Germany. The first day in the house I'm renting I felt very uncomfortable, even locked my bedroom door, but was only in the house a few days before deploying to Kosovo for a few months and forgot about my uneasy feelings when I returned; but the weird feelings came back. Light bulbs starting popping all over the house and the main breaker switch would flip, this happened so often that I had a large bag of light bulbs and a flashlight in every room of the house. The light fixture on the staircase blew its bulb 3 times right by my head! A girl I was dating, and who I didn't know was a ghost whisperer until she said, "I wouldn't trust the electricity in this house." 

3. I'm still a bit of skeptic but a few days ago a voice that sounded like a little girl with a very scratchy voice, behind my back, said, "get out." This is in a house I've been renting for two months in Costa Rica and I heard this in English. So do ghost really "speak" to you or is it some sort of ESP?
9 Years old, grieving process? Muscle twitch.

Why wouldn't you have brought in an electrician to look for the real cause?

You might want to look up audio pareidolia. You heard it in english as its a language your brain knows.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
(04-09-2018, 07:59 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: 9 Years old, grieving process? Muscle twitch.

Why wouldn't you have brought in an electrician to look for the real cause?

You might want to look up audio pareidolia. You heard it in english as its a language your brain knows.

Ghost stories are much more fun.
You can still turn it into a ghost story xD. Hell, it's so much fun to be able to mix it up and creep out your friends. Mind you, do it from the position of knowing you're safe. If it's a real ghost/demon issue, you could find yourself in a position that isn't all too fun, after all.

Also, this is all just conjecture. You have to go look into what's going on and the nature surrounding the events, so you can verify what UnR has said. You can't take it is gospel, that's just as bad as believing you are haunted (without verifying). Muscle twitches happen, what deficiencies can lead to them? Did you perhaps have any when you were 9? Were you old enough to understand death, for grieving to be an option as well?

For issues that require an electrician, it's always highly recommended to rule out the possibility of faulty wiring. Fires and worse can start from not being attentive to electrical issues. Hire one, and check it out before being convinced it a ghost.

And yes, look up audio pareidolia. The only way to know if it is one or the other is to understand more about what these phenomenons are. There might be neat ways to see if what you heard was AP or a real voice chatting. Remember, you're no expert. We're no experts. Only experts on AP can definitively tell whether or not what is happening is accurate to the phenomenon. However, you can usually tell if something happens well outside the norm of your day-to-day. There would be many other questions to ask yourself and weigh if it could largely be AP.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to KaelisRa for this post:
  • Todd00000