Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird stuff
So a few days ago my mom and I were sitting in the kitchen talking (the stairs to the basement is in the kitchen) and we heard a noise coming from the basement. We both looked at each other weird because no one was down there. Another day, my mom and brother were in the kitchen and they heard a plastic bag being touched as if someone was digging through a plastic bag and again no one was down there. On another occasion my sister was doing laundry and she came back upstairs for like 5 minutes to grab something and went back down and the dryer door was open and her clothes were on the floor.. And there was no one else down there.

We don't play jokes on each other like that so that's not a possibility. We have no animals of any kind in the house.

When my sister and I shared the bedroom down there weird things would happen. For example, my sister was down there alone one night, she was listening to rap music and she came upstairs to get water and she went back down and her Hank Williams cd was in the stereo and it was playing. Another time I was down there alone, I was sitting on my bed listening to music and I heard someone knock on the bedroom door so I said come in but no one came in, I heard a knock again and I said "what" and no one came in or said anything, then again I heard a knock so I got up and opened the door and no one was there! I went upstairs, my sister was in the shower, and my parents were in their room. There was no one else home!

My Mom was told maybe we have something that belongs to a deceased loved one that's why we hear and sometimes see things. Do you think this could be a possibility?

We started hearing and seeing things after my uncle passed away in 2002. could it be him?
Any neurological issues in the home? People taking medications that cause hallucinations? Drug addictions street or prescribed? Alcohol abuse?
Example a person with anxiety
The person isn't hallucinating noises per se. Rather, they're constantly on edge and attentive to everything around them, but also distracted by their own anxiety to the point where they struggle to focus. This causes them to hear some type of noise while distracted, and then immediately think they've heard knocking because their brain translates the sound. The brain is unable to process the noise correctly, giving the impression that you heard a knocking when you didn't.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
(12-28-2014, 06:43 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: Any neurological issues in the home? People taking medications that cause hallucinations? Drug addictions street or prescribed? Alcohol abuse?
The person isn't hallucinating noises per se. Rather, they're constantly on edge and attentive to everything around them, but also distracted by their own anxiety to the point where they struggle to focus. This causes them to hear some type of noise while distracted, and then immediately think they've heard knocking because their brain translates the sound. The brain is unable to process the noise correctly, giving the impression that you heard a knocking when you didn't.

No. None of that.
More then one person heard it at the same time so how could that be possible?
Not saying my house is haunted but it is over 30years old. My grandmother said someone was buried not far from the house long long time ago. Someone also died just across the road. Also forgot to mention, before my uncle passed away he Said when he died he could be here to scare us. I don't know if he was kidding. But that's weird.
(12-28-2014, 04:04 PM)Irisbritney Wrote:
(12-28-2014, 06:43 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: Any neurological issues in the home? People taking medications that cause hallucinations? Drug addictions street or prescribed? Alcohol abuse?

No. None of that.
Not saying my house is haunted but it is over 30years old. My grandmother said someone was buried not far from the house long long time ago. Someone also died just across the road. Also forgot to mention, before my uncle passed away he Said when he died he could be here to scare us. I don't know if he was kidding. But that's weird.

None of that? So your what site are you telling the truth on? The other site you claim what i asked about.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
(12-28-2014, 04:05 PM)UglyNRude Wrote:

No. None of that.

None of that? So your what site are you telling the truth on? The other site you claim what i asked about.

What are you talking about? So your what site? What?

Are you assuming my family and I take drugs and are alcoholics? My 12 year old niece too? Who heard something down there too AND my nephew who is 14.. Me and him seen a shadow figure run under the stairs? Ok we're all high and drunk af . If you don't believe in stuff like that why are you on here? Every time I post you comment something stupid.
We all believe there's something here And other people who don't live here believe that too. I don't need you asking me questions like that.
LOL, and you expected something else?
(12-28-2014, 05:01 PM)Irisbritney Wrote:

No. None of that.

Are you assuming my family and I take drugs and are alcoholics? My 12 year old niece too? Who heard something down there too AND my nephew who is 14.. Me and him seen a shadow figure run under the stairs? Ok we're all high and drunk af . If you don't believe in stuff like that why are you on here? Every time I post you comment something stupid.
We all believe there's something here And other people who don't live here believe that too. I don't need you asking me questions like that.

I look for alternate causes when it comes to paranormal. So when I research I do look at the human mind. The fact you are on another forum telling the world your problems then lying about them here or there I see as a problem. Now sadly most people fail to look deeper then whats claimed, I do not. I will add if you do not want your information posted for the entire world, do not use the same name and avatar. Now reading both forums I see either a terrible situation or a person craving look at me. Thats your call.

I absolutely love every time someone says 'if you don't believe, why are you on here?' As if only one type of person is supposed to post here. Always wondered how people who say things like that feel about free speech. Seems they like to speechify...a lot.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

(12-28-2014, 06:59 PM)UglyNRude Wrote:
(12-28-2014, 05:01 PM)Irisbritney Wrote:

No. None of that.

I look for alternate causes when it comes to paranormal. So when I research I do look at the human mind. The fact you are on another forum telling the world your problems then lying about them here or there I see as a problem. Now sadly most people fail to look deeper then whats claimed, I do not. I will add if you do not want your information posted for the entire world, do not use the same name and avatar. Now reading both forums I see either a terrible situation or a person craving look at me. Thats your call.

LOL you're weird.. And a creep! I'm saying that has nothing to do with that. I'm saying no it's none of that like no it's not that. How else can I explain this.. Idk but you seem pretty smart and you don't understand.
Do you need more examples? Never mind you're a waste of time. I guess I'll go get high with my family now and see some ghosts!
(12-28-2014, 07:36 PM)scarygirl67 Wrote: I absolutely love every time someone says 'if you don't believe, why are you on here?' As if only one type of person is supposed to post here. Always wondered how people who say things like that feel about free speech. Seems they like to speechify...a lot.

I know right
And yes I'm on here looking for attention just like everyone else lol
(12-28-2014, 03:54 AM)Irisbritney Wrote: So a few days ago my mom and I were sitting in the kitchen talking (the stairs to the basement is in the kitchen) and we heard a noise coming from the basement. We both looked at each other weird because no one was down there. Another day, my mom and brother were in the kitchen and they heard a plastic bag being touched as if someone was digging through a plastic bag and again no one was down there. On another occasion my sister was doing laundry and she came back upstairs for like 5 minutes to grab something and went back down and the dryer door was open and her clothes were on the floor.. And there was no one else down there.

We don't play jokes on each other like that so that's not a possibility. We have no animals of any kind in the house.

When my sister and I shared the bedroom down there weird things would happen. For example, my sister was down there alone one night, she was listening to rap music and she came upstairs to get water and she went back down and her Hank Williams cd was in the stereo and it was playing. Another time I was down there alone, I was sitting on my bed listening to music and I heard someone knock on the bedroom door so I said come in but no one came in, I heard a knock again and I said "what" and no one came in or said anything, then again I heard a knock so I got up and opened the door and no one was there! I went upstairs, my sister was in the shower, and my parents were in their room. There was no one else home!

My Mom was told maybe we have something that belongs to a deceased loved one that's why we hear and sometimes see things. Do you think this could be a possibility?

We started hearing and seeing things after my uncle passed away in 2002. could it be him?
The CD thing is the only bit that seems really really out of place in general haunting. Almost every single time I've ever heard of a resolved issue such as a CD or something being taken out of its case and put into a stereo has had alternative answers somehow. Though most paranormal activity has alternative explanations anyway (gotta look for that tiny sliver).

But the rest of it sounds like something going around almost like its searching or its just irritating people. If it is a haunting it doesn't seem to be malevolent.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird stuff elpezman 6 2,125 07-26-2016, 06:42 PM
Last Post: elpezman
  weird stuff happened the other night crashhat 6 3,384 04-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Itheblaze