Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this weird?
I consider myself Christian, but I also believe in things like "witch craft" (Native Americans call it "bad medicine"). Someone apparently put that on me last year trying to make me kill myself. I believe in things other people might not believe in. I'm a very open minded person. I believe the Devil is real, demons, "little people" like gnomes or whatever. I literally believe everything is real and possible!!

So is it weird I consider myself Christian but i believe in EVERYTHING??
If you believe in everything, it might be time to learn discretion and to develop a more rational approach. If you approach life with extreme gullibility, you are going to get taken for a ride someday, and I don't mean in a good way!

And, if you come to a point where suicide enters your thoughts for whatever reason, it's time to seek help. Not here, but in real life with a counselor who is trained to help you deal with these feelings. Forget out curses, hexes, witchcraft, and demons and get some help.
I agree with Gizmo, yes there are paranormal things but NOT everything is paranormal most have logical explanations that need to be explored first. Smile
You walk in the long grass and wonder why you can not see!!
I agree but that was the only time I ever felt like that and after my Dad took me to a "medicine man" AND my Mom took me to a christian camp meeting to get prayed for I haven't felt it since.

I don't know if both those things help or one of them OR it was just all in my head. I didn't know what to believe. My Mom and Aunties were telling me not to believe in the "native way" but my Dad kept wanting to take me to a "medicine man".
They say when someone puts "bad medicine" on you you'll sometimes feel like something bite your leg and that's exactly how I felt before I had to go see a "medicine man". It was just all so weird.

I've also heard a story from my brother in-law. His friend got "bad medicine" put on him and he started drinking alot and one day he seen something so terrifying he wanted to kil himself and after his mom took him to a "medicine man" he felt better.

My Dad got something put on him too and my brother. My Grandpa also and other people I know. Again, IT'S WEIRD!!
Weird...lol yes I live that one too!! Smile
You walk in the long grass and wonder why you can not see!!
Witch craft is not bad medicine. It simply can be used for that. It depends who uses it and why.
(11-26-2014, 06:03 PM)Irisbritney Wrote: I consider myself Christian, but I also believe in things like "witch craft" (Native Americans call it "bad medicine"). Someone apparently put that on me last year trying to make me kill myself. I believe in things other people might not believe in. I'm a very open minded person. I believe the Devil is real, demons, "little people" like gnomes or whatever. I literally believe everything is real and possible!!

I say we don't know all there is to know, so therefore any and everything IS possible.
maybe the probablilty is higher or lower. At one time electricity, TV, radio, even North and South America wasn't possible. American Indians who I have known and have high respect for, had and still have a greater respect and knowledge of the spiritual world. I knew many years ago someone who went through a sweat lodge ceremony. He was a total non believer in anything. He came out a different man.
I wouldn't put this under the paranormal umbrella either. It was and is something very real maybe only still to the American Indian.

I would say go the a medicine man if you or your folks know one. He may be the only one who can undo what was done.

Good luck.
Everything? Really everything? I think you can make certain safe assumptions about some things not being possible. Otherwise you lose your compass in reality.
(11-30-2014, 05:32 PM)Gizmo Wrote: Everything? Really everything? I think you can make certain safe assumptions about some things not being possible. Otherwise you lose your compass in reality.

Okaaay?
(11-30-2014, 10:44 AM)fldinosaur Wrote:
(11-26-2014, 06:03 PM)Irisbritney Wrote: I consider myself Christian, but I also believe in things like "witch craft" (Native Americans call it "bad medicine"). Someone apparently put that on me last year trying to make me kill myself. I believe in things other people might not believe in. I'm a very open minded person. I believe the Devil is real, demons, "little people" like gnomes or whatever. I literally believe everything is real and possible!!

I say we don't know all there is to know, so therefore any and everything IS possible.
maybe the probablilty is higher or lower. At one time electricity, TV, radio, even North and South America wasn't possible. American Indians who I have known and have high respect for, had and still have a greater respect and knowledge of the spiritual world. I knew many years ago someone who went through a sweat lodge ceremony. He was a total non believer in anything. He came out a different man.
I wouldn't put this under the paranormal umbrella either. It was and is something very real maybe only still to the American Indian.

I would say go the a medicine man if you or your folks know one. He may be the only one who can undo what was done.

Good luck.

"I would say go the a medicine man if you or your folks know one. He may be the only one who can undo what was done."

Already..
Don't be so open minded that your brain falls out.
'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde