Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP! Looking for answers..
I found this group forum after searching everything I possibly could on what my family is currently experiencing. I'm hoping someone can help us. Any advice is welcomed.

In 2004, my children and I moved into my ex-husband's family home. The house had been vacant for some time but had been lovingly cared for by his father and aunt. I immediately feel in love with the house as it was in a beautiful location. My ex-husband was away with his job, so it was just the children and I living in the home. I had commented to my ex-husband about how I loved the house and that it felt warm and that I never felt alone (it was a good feeling) I DID NOT mean that I felt there was a presence in the house but more of just an emotional warmness if that makes any sense.

About a month after moving in, I began to notice strange things in the kitchen. Cabinet doors would be open, or drawers open and looking as if someone had rummaged through them. I initially thought that my young children were getting up in the night but seeing as they slept in the room with me, I quickly determined it wasn't them. I wrote it off as a maybe I just forgot that I opened them. It was at this time that my 4 year old daughter began to have very vivid nightmares. I thought that because I had finally moved her and her older brother into their own room that she was maybe just afraid and that was why the nightmares began. One day she became very upset about what she had dreamed and told me. She dreamed that an older man had tapped on her window in the middle of the night. She wasn't afraid of him and began to have conversations with him in the dream. However, at some point, she said that a large black dog would appear by the man's side and that he could speak. She said he would tell her really bad things, like curse words, swearing, etc. This really frightened her. She had this reoccurring nightmare for the entire time we lived in the home. It was also at this time that she began to hear voices call her name in the daytime. She would run up to me from another room as if I had called her. I also began to hear a strange humming sound, like what you hear on a radio (static) between stations. Then we had an incident that I now believe was a ghost that was clearly seen not only by myself and my best friend, but our husbands. ( I will explain that another time)

We moved from the house after living there for 2 years but my daughter was never the same after that. She began to have extreme temper tantrums. The tantrums would last anywhere between a few minutes to hours but she would become so worked up that she would try to hurt herself by clawing at her arms, banging her head on the floor, physically assaulting anyone who tried to touch her. She was 5 at the time. Now as a 14 year old, the tantrums have not stopped and are much more extreme. She attempts to hurt herself, scratches and claws her arms and legs till they are bloody, eyes dilate, she shakes, and if it's as if she isn't there. She has been treated in a mental health facility and sees both a therapist and psychiatrist (so we have looked at aspects BESIDES that of something paranormal) Recently out of the blue she told her stepfather and I about how she has always had an "entity" that she has talked to and that she has tried to tell other people about. When I asked her to describe what she meant she said that sometimes it was old and sometimes young and that she couldn't see it but that she could hear it and had often talked to it when she was younger. Since the time we lived in the house, she said from that time on she could hear the voice and sometimes feel it touch her. She is afraid.

I am at a loss of how to help her. I am a Christian and while I believe that there are things we cannot explain, I have never experienced anything like this before. My husband and I are looking for answers on what this could be and how we can help her. Please point us in the right direction.

Take her to a doctor and explain to them her issues, not seeking advice on a paranormal forum.

Oh hell you want paranormal advice? The child is full of demons and needs 3000 exorcisms. I will personally perform them for $500.00 a pop ....

See a problem? Paranormal has never been proven to exist but i am sure people here will scare you worse and feed you with ideas.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
(05-30-2014, 09:50 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: Take her to a doctor and explain to them her issues, not seeking advice on a paranormal forum.

Oh hell you want paranormal advice? The child is full of demons and needs 3000 exorcisms. I will personally perform them for $500.00 a pop ....

See a problem? Paranormal has never been proven to exist but i am sure people here will scare you worse and feed you with ideas.

This has been going on for several years now, so trust me, I've heard everything from my daughter is schizophrenic to she's possessed. Excuse me for searching for answers ON ANY LEVEL! I think as a reasonable person, I can not dismiss not only medical answers but others opinions/answers as well. I am in the medical profession so I understand that yes, from a clinical stand point there are some mental health issues but I also know my daughter and understand that this could also be something beyond what the medical community can explain as well.
Well there are plenty of people in the paranormal who are willing to take advantage of you to give you a placebo effect. SO USE CAUTION
Perhaps you can get some incentive here
http://doubtfulnews.com/tag/possession/
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
Ok another touchy thread.Could you please tell me,what type of medical help you recieved for your daughter?I'm not doubting you at all,just asking simple questions.Are you religous,if so what are your beliefs,faith?I know this is very terrifying for you,especially your own child.Please let us know,& keep the faith.By the way there are some out here who maybe able to help you out a lil more.
Oh yes you can get help here ... burn some sage, sprinkle some sea salt, use olive oil, perhaps some holy water, lots of prayer.... oh and if these are to work you must believe 100%
(05-30-2014, 10:10 AM)MrsMultiTasker Wrote: Ok another touchy thread.Could you please tell me,what type of medical help you recieved for your daughter?I'm not doubting you at all,just asking simple questions.Are you religous,if so what are your beliefs,faith?I know this is very terrifying for you,especially your own child.Please let us know,& keep the faith.By the way there are some out here who maybe able to help you out a lil more.

Thank you. She is currently being treated in cognitive behavioral therapy and medication. The diagnosis right now is generalized mood disorder and PTSD. She attends weekly therapy sessions and has been doing so for the past two years. We are religious. My husband is Catholic but I was brought up in a Baptist church (hence the reason I have been until the last 4-5 years EXTREMELY skeptical)

I would like to put it out there that I'm not someone who is looking to explain this as something paranormal, but rather for someone who may have experienced something like this, OR who can give us other places to look for answers. I completely trust our daughters medical team and I trust that this isn't something she made up for attention or anything of that sort because in her own words " I haven't talked to my therapist or doctor about this because I know they won't believe me and they will think I'm crazy or making this up" This wasn't a child playing make believe, these are real validated fears for her and we are just searching everywhere for anything that might give her some comfort about this.

I am going to say this, and if it is taken as being rude, I apologize. This is a child you are dealing with and asking unknown people on an internet forum for paranormal 'help' can lead to possible trouble. We have a lot of good members here--we also have had ones who want to help by offering solutions that have absolutely no basis in reality. They usually don't stay long. I would also caution if ANYONE messages you to 'help' by offering a psychic reading or anything that might lead to getting charged money to report that to a moderator. We don't tolerate anyone charging people money for help.

I do hope you plan on discussing with your child's medical team any suggestions that you do get. Considering what she is being treated for, I know they would want to hear of any symptoms or issues she is having so they can effectively help. And if a doctor or therapist is telling your child that they are "crazy or making things up" then I would advise getting another doctor or therapist. I do not believe in my own mind that your child is experiencing paranormal, but I also know that whatever is being experienced is very real to her.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

Ok. I am NOT SEEKING MEDICAL ADVICE from unknown people on a forum. I came here because we cannot explain some of the things happening to her and that we ourselves experienced. I know that everyone that has posted has good intentions, and yes that's exactly what I would say to a friend if they told me they had done this. I am a solid enough adult that I would NEVER seek the help of someone trying to profit off of this. I simply came here to see if anyone had experienced anything similar, not just the paranormal aspect but the mental health aspect as well. We have talked to several different TEAMS of doctors and yes, just because SHE hasn't told her medical team about this doesn't mean that I have not. Like I said previously, I have complete confidence in her doctors. I am just looking to see if anyone else has experienced something similar.
I didn't say that you were seeking medical advice. You said, by your own title of your thread that you were seeking help, which I took to mean paranormal help, not medical advice. I can't give you paranormal help and I am simply advising caution for those who would say that they can. When you capitalize the word "help'' in your title, it gets people's attention.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html