Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help.. Am I going mad...
First of all I'm new so just like to say hi to everyone Smile And I appoligise if this is in the wrong forum and this does end with paranormal stuff so bare with it.

I signed up on here to try and find answers or get advice if possible about what's going on with me. I have always felt as if I'm not the person I am,I tend not to fit in very well and feel like I'm supposed to be doing something that isn't part of everyday life (job wise maybe). The problem has become worse ever since moving into my flat 4 years ago and I have found myself to become withdrawn,negative,anxious,as if my heads stuck in between two radios and random bouts of anger/rage (yet when I leave my flat and go to work I tend to be happy).
For the past 3 months I've tried to better my situation but feels like I'm cursed because no matter how hard I try, I get knocked back and end up worse than I was before. I was at breaking point yesterday after a massive knock back AGAIN and went into a random rage breaking stuff.

I have been noticing the numbers '22' a lot for the past two years and most recently the numbers have become '222'. I work with numbers everyday and there's no possible way I could keep getting these numbers come up in my job. I googled it earlier and it says it's an angel number and means I shouldn't give up,stay positive and good things are being planned to come my way.

Now this is the paranormal bit...

I 100% believe in spirits as they've always been in my life. As a baby I had a spirit friend called Sammy who used to visit me,put toys in my cot and 'fly out the window'.
My great grandmother used to play some card games with the dead, I remember vaguely but my dad confirmed my memories as she was a medium??.

The thing that bothers me is the fact that this flat I'm in has been a hive of activity ever since the first night I moved in. (If anyone's interested I will post details).

Past few days I've found myself being drawn towards a faith yet no one in my family are of a faith.

Why am I getting all these negative self doubting thoughts in my flat yet feel different when I leave?. Is someone trying to contact me or is it me being stupid and going mental..
Firstly welcome and enjoy. Smile
I do understand your feeling of not fitting in...snap! maybe it's to do with experiencing the paranormal stuff at an early age?? don't know!

Have you researched the history of your flat, the building and the land it's built upon as there may be some answers there. If this energy there isn't right you could try cleansing it, releasing any energy stuck or maybe think about moving. Only you can decide what is right for you. You mention being drawn towards a faith maybe that faith could help with the cleansing, can I ask what faith this is?
You walk in the long grass and wonder why you can not see!!
Welcome aboard we're a great bunch of people.Plenty of different expericenes,& yes we have people who have different levels of experties.I know how you feel.My hubby & I lived in a house,which I think altered our moods.We both we're checked by our Dr.,just in case of carbon levels,water,just anything in the home that could cause our moods,health,even headaches.Then we had our wiring,water,etc,tested.Everything came back negative.As you said when you left your flat,you felt fine.We we're the same way.I posted this story awhile back,under thread share your ghost story,or something like that.Anyways debunk 1st, check the history,as Pix said.Also as asked what is your faith,or beliefs?Have you thought of blessing your flat?These are just my thoughts,keep the faith,& keep us posted.
Hi guys Smile sorry for long wait I've been working since 6am.

My flat is built in a really haunted area (Search Arnos Vale Bristol). The grave yard is at the end of my back garden.

I've constantly had weird stuff going on here. The first night I was in my bed I heard someone knock three times on the back of my bedroom door. I got up to see who was in my flat but all doors and windows were all firmly shut. After that I had various knocks around my flat and mates even witnessed them. Mainly in the bedroom.
My daughter came to stay,was full of beans until she went into my bedroom to see where she was sleeping.. She left it quicker than she went in saying it was scary. That night I put her to bed and me and her mother heard her get up,start playing with her toys,moving about and humming. We let her play for a bit but then her mother went in to tell her to go to sleep, she called me in and I saw she was fast asleep and no toys had been moved!. later that night we both heard the humming/singing and could smell perfume in the hall way. There was no one else living in the flats at the time.
I've had things go missing,then re appear again almost a year later.
I've been in bed and felt as if someone was watching me,then the feeling of someone siting on my bed.
My daughter was here and I was in my bedroom, I saw her run in and hide under my bed.. I went to jump out on her but no one was there.
She often calls me into my room when she stays asking me to stop checking on her.

All this stopped and I had nothing happen for a year (when the missing cutlery re appeared in my drawer).
That's when things started getting quite dark (As in a horrible way).

My flat became really unwelcoming,I felt like I wasn't meant to be in it and as if I was intruding. The bedroom was the worst for it. No matter how sunny it is outside,it would always be cold and dark in there with a bad atmosphere.
I started (and still do) sleep in my living room now and use the bedroom as storage. It's become damp,quite dusty and smells like a really old basement. I avoid going in it.
The tapping started again and also the sound of what I can only explain as the sound of a crisp wrapper constantly being screwed up. This started happening beside my mattress in the living room when I was in bed.
I went away for a week and came back but felt really really uneasy when I walked in. Something felt odd.
That night I went to bed and could hear some noises from the bedroom and then the crisp packet sound beside me. I called out (don't know why) and asked if anyone was there could they do a knock.. A faint thud came from the bedroom!.
I became really uneasy and tried to sleep. I could hear a noise coming from beside me so I looked over and the bag full of clothes moved 2 or so inches to the left!. I remember freezing and being scared (lol).. I picked it up and threw it across the room and I could hear something rustling. Looked over and the handles were flapping really really fast as if they were paper in front of a fan. My body went really cold then and I felt as if I was naked with a really strong wind blowing across me. All windows and doors were shut and the heating was on.
Safe to say I was shitting myself by now lol and it just ended as quick as it started.
Has been quiet since that again,other than sounds of tapping beside me at night which one night started by me then went at the back of the door. I got up 3 times to open the door to see what it was,each time it would stop and then start again.
Reason I'm still here is I can't afford to move and I'm quite stubborn. Apart from the bag experience,it's not scary here and seems to be ok again.

I got given the name of a medium so out of curiosity I decided to speak to her. She gave me three names 'Richard,Terry and Tony'.

I thought nothing of it and as if the names were too new to fit into the era of the area I live in. The grave yard is Gothic era.
On Facebook I was just about to log off when noticed a post in a history of Bristol group I'm in, from a woman who was asking for pics of my street. I contacted her and was asking a few questions and turned out her family had lived in mine and the houses next door ever since they were built. It turned out next door in the Victorian times was a mortuary.
She began to tell me (after asking her mother) who lived in these houses and she had all the names because she was into researching the area etc.
She randomly mentioned that there was two brothers her mother used to play with her called 'Richard and Tony'!. And she had a friend who would come from the road opposite to play with her called Terry.
Freaky or coincidence?!

A woman at work I speak to does stuff called Wicca or is a Wicca,can't remember what it is she said it was.
Anyway she asked me to draw a picture of my flat from above,numbering the rooms and not telling her which was which.
She came in the next day and pointed to the bedroom and said that's the one with all the activity in. I told her nothing about my flat prior to that!. She mentioned using a compass on each drawing and it spins if it has spirits in (Can't really remember what it was exactly she said) and also mentioned some kind of plus/negative meter readings. Plus being a normal spirit and negative heading down towards bad spirits. She said one of them here was negative 10 which is borderline poltergeist and it's a really negative spirit.

Now the night I had the really horrible experience I rang someone into this stuff and they said they sent me protection. The woman at work said she picked up on a house spirit protecting me.

I'm a bit dubious about what she has told me and the person saying he had sent me protection in the form of a spirit. I'm not really clued up on all this as up until the experiences at Christmas I was on the fence with the whole ghost thing despite it always being in my life as a child.

The woman at work mentioned lay lines and the flats here being a spiritual pathway and it wasn't just the one spirit,it was loads and she cleared the line of 130+ spirits.

What's the deal with all this.. I'm scepitical about that but really don't know how she knew about my flat. It's not something I tell people.
So much activity considering a cemetary in the back,& what the home was prior.There maybe a portal,where that bedroom is.Have you thought of blessing you flat?Just my thoughts,keep us posted.
(05-31-2014, 11:33 AM)MrsMultiTasker Wrote: So much activity considering a cemetary in the back,& what the home was prior.There maybe a portal,where that bedroom is.Have you thought of blessing you flat?Just my thoughts,keep us posted.

As far as I'm aware,the road was nothing but fields BUT there's history here dating back to Roman times ( http://brisray.com/bristol/bbris.htm ) that link goes into more detail.

The activity has stopped since the Christmas time experience but it went quiet for a year prior to that anyway.

Is there any truth Wicca stuff or is it just talk?.

I do have some photo's I took during the really bad times here I will upload so you can see the difference of the rooms in terms of darkness.
I also have a recording that you can hear what sounds like bed springs moving but it's not the best as I did it on my iPhone.
Technically, Wicca is as true as Christianity in that it is a belief/religion that cannot be proven except by personal (subjective) experience. If you believe in magic, and she is a practicing Wiccan, there's no reason to believe she made it up just to impress you.

I'm not sure why you would have that many spirits hanging around, though. Might get pretty cramped lol.
(05-31-2014, 12:41 PM)Punky Wrote: Technically, Wicca is as true as Christianity in that it is a belief/religion that cannot be proven except by personal (subjective) experience. If you believe in magic, and she is a practicing Wiccan, there's no reason to believe she made it up just to impress you.

I'm not sure why you would have that many spirits hanging around, though. Might get pretty cramped lol.

I'm sceptical on things until I see full on evidence so still not overly convinced on the Wicca stuff but is strange how she knew which room it is.

Apparently it's various visitors past and present. Something to do with it being a pathway or something. To be honest I'm not really clued up about all of this ghost stuff.. Up until I moved into my flat I liked the idea of it but didn't really believe. But having experienced all this I now firmly believe in it. Although I need to see face to face a spirit.
Just not when i'm in bed lol.
Like Mrs Pooh said it may be a portal but without being there it's impossible to tell for sure what is going on or the energies involved (if any). If all is quiet then I wouldn't stir things up just leave things alone, if it starts again then you need someone to close the path or portal and sort things out. Your friend may be up to it don't know, you can only ask.
These things do happen!
You walk in the long grass and wonder why you can not see!!
(05-31-2014, 02:10 PM)pix Wrote: Like Mrs Pooh said it may be a portal but without being there it's impossible to tell for sure what is going on or the energies involved (if any). If all is quiet then I wouldn't stir things up just leave things alone, if it starts again then you need someone to close the path or portal and sort things out. Your friend may be up to it don't know, you can only ask.
These things do happen!

What is a portal anyway?.