Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Information About Orbs
06-18-2009, 06:49 AM
Information About Orbs
Ok I will post this to once again show ORBs are not paranormal, there has been excessive testing on this and even Fuji film discovered what causes orbs and now has cameras that don't capture them. (I own one and it doesn't catch them)
Orbs are caused by dust, pollen. lint. moisture, bugs, and a host of floating debri. Its all about the distance from the flash to the lens.

[Image: 20090228070919-hrgtcjtcukdbfqkwr.jpg]
Moisture Orbs

[Image: 20090228073349-hrgtcjtcukdbfqkwr.jpg]
Dust and pollen and lint orbs

[Image: DustOrbsinmotionDustVoritices.jpg]
Dust orbs with wrong camera settings.

[Image: img45169d3e5a358.jpg]
Insects (not angels and fairies)

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2009, 03:33 PM
RE: Information About Orbs
Good info UglyNRude. I've never really believed in orbs.
11-01-2009, 05:55 PM
(07-06-2009 03:33 PM)Bracket Wrote:  Good info UglyNRude. I've never really believed in orbs.
I was wondering though even though this may be the reason for orbs i have a picture in my orb pictures that has above our fire outside a ribbon of fire wavy like a foot about the fire with a orb in the middle of it then anothe rfoot up another wavy fire ribbon ( ribbon ill call it ) and then another picture theres a number 2 looks like the same fire color beside a orb.
11-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Jennifer,

Do you have any way of posting the pictures? Like it was said, a majority of orbs are explainable...if we could see the pictures, maybe we could get a better idea.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
11-01-2009, 06:23 PM
[quote='scarygirl67' pid='41611' dateline='1257120464']
Jennifer,

Do you have any way of posting the pictures? Like it was said, a majority of orbs are explainable...if we could see the pictures, maybe we could get a better idea

Well i have lots on my desk top on my facebook where should i post the pic can i in ghost pictures ? I am not sure how. I very much want you to see these pics so you can tell me what you think. Smile Thank you
11-01-2009, 06:28 PM
UNR, thanks for that great info.

"I'm extraordinarily patient provided i get my way in the end." -Margaret Thatcher
"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." -Coco Chanel...

Taz
05-26-2010, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2010 10:56 AM by CareTaker.)
Oh, how misinformed you are about spirit orbs. I have them at my house and they even materialize. I agree your little bugs are indeed bugs but wrap your mind around the fact that there are spirit orbs out there. No information is better than false information.
05-26-2010, 10:44 AM
I think the argument about orbs is way overdone. Continuing this line of conversation is not constructive by any means.

What would you do if you knew nothing about me, yet I said that I'd protect you with my life, then died doing just that and later you discovered I was someone you would've hated had our paths crossed under different circumstances?

It's all just one big *facepalm* around here.

I heart Sandra Bullock.
05-26-2010, 10:55 AM
(05-26-2010 10:24 AM)melbenwes Wrote:  Oh, how misinformed you are about spirit orbs. I have them at my house and they even materialize. I agree your little bugs are indeed bugs but wrap your mind around the fact that there are spirit orbs out there. No information is better than false information.

If you can see the orb with the naked eye then there may be something paranormal, or at least unexplainable, to it. Personally I wouldnt say that 100% of all orbs are dust, insects, moisture.. but most all of them are (probably more than 99.9%).

If you can post some photos of orbs that appear or behave differently than the examples above I am sure we would all like to see them.

In the future you should consider offering some constructive information rather than simply posting to say that someone else is wrong. Oh, it is fine to disagree, just saying that shouldnt be the bulk of your comment.

(05-26-2010 10:44 AM)Andrasta Wrote:  I think the argument about orbs is way overdone. Continuing this line of conversation is not constructive by any means.

I disagree. Continuing a discussion on this or any other topic that folks have questions about can be very constructive. People want to know and the vast majority of people who read these threads are guests who dont reply - but they do read and gather info. However, when someone posts only to say that another person is wrong without offering any evidence or thoughts about why - that is certainly not constructive in any way. Hopefully my reply above may lead the thread back toward the right direction.

~ Questioning the answers is much more important than answering the questions ~

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey ~^*White face*^~ Did Giants Once Walk the Earth?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Sorry to be so blunt but I am SO sick of the "scientific" explanation of dust and pollen. Why are people so afraid to believe in something they cannot explain away. I am telling you, without a doubt, orbs do exist and I think the camera is the best way to see them. I have a couple of spirits in my house and my dog will play with them so I get my camera and sure enough there is an orb taking up the whole of the picture. I had a red orb once materialize into a gentleman wearing a red shirt standing at my back door. Just please just quit trying to analyze everything and just accept it as truth.

(05-26-2010 10:55 AM)CareTaker Wrote:  
(05-26-2010 10:24 AM)melbenwes Wrote:  Oh, how misinformed you are about spirit orbs. I have them at my house and they even materialize. I agree your little bugs are indeed bugs but wrap your mind around the fact that there are spirit orbs out there. No information is better than false information.

If you can see the orb with the naked eye then there may be something paranormal, or at least unexplainable, to it. Personally I wouldnt say that 100% of all orbs are dust, insects, moisture.. but most all of them are (probably more than 99.9%).

If you can post some photos of orbs that appear or behave differently than the examples above I am sure we would all like to see them.

In the future you should consider offering some constructive information rather than simply posting to say that someone else is wrong. Oh, it is fine to disagree, just saying that shouldnt be the bulk of your comment.

(05-26-2010 10:44 AM)Andrasta Wrote:  I think the argument about orbs is way overdone. Continuing this line of conversation is not constructive by any means.

I disagree. Continuing a discussion on this or any other topic that folks have questions about can be very constructive. People want to know and the vast majority of people who read these threads are guests who dont reply - but they do read and gather info. However, when someone posts only to say that another person is wrong without offering any evidence or thoughts about why - that is certainly not constructive in any way. Hopefully my reply above may lead the thread back toward the right direction.