Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I'm being haunted? (Rather long explanation.)
Okay, so I'm very new here but I only really joined out of desperation.

A lot of stuff has been happening to me lately and it's extremely confusing and terrifying. All that's been happening lately has only happened very recently and I've never had any trouble with anything thing like this in this house before.

For a background story: I moved to this house with my mother and sibling not too long ago. It's a rather small house and is quite new. Only one family lived here before us, and if I can remember right it consisted of three boys and a mother and father. All still alive today, might I add.

The house we lived in before this one (My birth house.) I considered to be haunted. Seeing as the house was old in itself (Dating back to around 1920/1930 ish) but I never considered the "Ghosts" to be dangerous or threatening to us.

We had been told, when living back at my birth house, about the many people who lived there. And the prior tenant of the house (She had moved across the street but still visited quite often.) had a son who died in the room I was staying in.

My father also hung himself in the backyard of that house. I'd give more of a back-story but that's not really the point of this. Long story short, I had grown up believing in ghosts and I've never been afraid of them.

When we moved here, I could tell that nothing had passed on in this house and it didn't seem to have anything threatening hanging over it. We've currently been here for about 6-7 months, give or take a few, and it was all going fine until this week.

I've been extremely paranoid for no apparent reason these last few days. And a little bit of me still believes that this is all a figment of my imagination caused by the paranoia. But I don't think that's the case. A few nights ago, when I was on my computer I swear I kept seeing a face out the corner of my eye but whenever I looked nothing was there.

I pushed it off, telling myself that it was just my eyes playing tricks on me. Nothing else happened that day, until 1:00 the next morning. The night leading up to this incident, I was constantly getting dizzy-spells and headaches. And I had felt like I was wearing a corset, seeing as it was hard to breathe.

Me, having suffered with Anxiety before in my life chocked it up to me being anxious about something and just left it. Just after I had lied down to try and sleep, I heard this sound like someone was banging a metal-link chain against my front gate and my dog, who sleeps in my bed with me, jumped up and started barking.

It took me two hours to calm him down and even longer than that to get to sleep. The entire day after that I kept seeing faces in things that didn't even resemble a face in the slightest. Again, me believing it was just paranoia. But I swore the entire day that I could hear someone else's breath when I was alone.

The night after the 'Banging incident' I decided going to bed early would help. I feel asleep at 5 in the afternoon and woke up at three o'clock in the morning. It was pitch black in my room (Seemingly happens when the sun sets but this time it seemed darker than usual.) and my mother had let my dog in so he was asleep down near my feet.

I was uncontrollably terrified for no reason. I have never ever, been afraid of the dark but in that moment I was terrified of it. I wanted to get up as quick as I could and turn the light on but I was almost frozen in place. All I could honestly feel was my dogs breaths and what felt like millions of little bugs crawling up and down my legs. I also thought I could hear breathing (Not mine or my dogs) again but I was too scared to really listen.

I got extremely dizzy then it just went black and I woke up when it was light feeling fine. That entire day was just filled with Déjà Vu and I felt like I had done everything I did that day before, when I hadn't. That day, apart from the Déjà Vu, was fine until night. I was extremely afraid to go to sleep that night and asked my mother if I could sleep in her room because of fear.

She said no, which was understandable so I went to bed with my dog feeling anxious and uncomfortable in my own room. That night, last night, was the worst night yet. The entire night I swore I could feel something staring at me. The "Breathing" had become worse and now sounded like a rhythm and was still, utterly terrifying.

The banging sound came back again, but it was louder this time and it was even scarier than the first time. I was lying on my stomach, thinking that not looking at something would mean it wasn't there and crying into the pillow. I couldn't call out or anything because I was too afraid to scream in case something heard me.

That last thing I remembered before falling asleep (Or more passing out) was the feeling of utter dread and dizziness. After that, nothing, I didn't dream like I usually did it was just black. And when I woke up, I was fine again. Except I had a scratch on leg. Leading from my big toe to just above my ankle. I don't know if it was me accidentally scratching myself but it was scary.

I've planned to sleep on the couch tonight but I really don't want to sleep.

I know this may sound cliché or like I'm making this up, but I am begging you to believe me. I am terrified and I need answers. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Trouble is without being there to feel if the energy it's impossible to tell for sure what you are dealing with if anything?

Assuming something is there do you have a strong religious faith because that may be the way to go for you....getting the home blessed, calling upon the Archangel Michael etc.
If no particular faith you could try smudging and a protection visualization, if this is the route you wish to go down post and I will explain more.

Meanwhile you could try and do some research upon the land that your home has been built upon, you may find some answers there...

Good luck and keep us posted..
You walk in the long grass and wonder why you can not see!!
Howdy.

You said you're staying in the room where the boy died?
Talk to the previous tenant and ask why the boy died.
You may be sharing the boys feelings and energy, as since you're in the room; his spirit and energy may still reside.

If it was a form of suicide, especially with teens; that is something how they feel before their final moments. The anxiety, the tightness around your body, it's panicking.

Though I might be getting confused, as you said you moved(?); quite possibly that spirit may have followed you. Maybe it can connect with you, which is why you're feeling all that you feel.

I've told others that they must gain control, and in your situation anxiety and panic attacks can cause every problem you're having. If you feel it coming on, try getting into a meditative post; focus on your breathing. Slow deep breathes, and calm your mind; even if it's dark, close your eyes. Figure a mantra, or even say "It's okay."

If it's a spirit, assure it that everything is okay.
It may even be your father, being near you; the constricting feeling may be loss of breath. You said he hung himself, in final moments depending on how one may hang themselves. It may be slow, or it may be quick. Slow is where they can't breathe, they panic, they realize what they're doing; but it's too late.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss, and I apologize if what I say may be a little too much for you. But I am merely trying to help.
(05-10-2014, 02:53 PM)OddOccurance Wrote: Howdy.

You said you're staying in the room where the boy died?
Talk to the previous tenant and ask why the boy died.
You may be sharing the boys feelings and energy, as since you're in the room; his spirit and energy may still reside.

If it was a form of suicide, especially with teens; that is something how they feel before their final moments. The anxiety, the tightness around your body, it's panicking.

Though I might be getting confused, as you said you moved(?); quite possibly that spirit may have followed you. Maybe it can connect with you, which is why you're feeling all that you feel.

I've told others that they must gain control, and in your situation anxiety and panic attacks can cause every problem you're having. If you feel it coming on, try getting into a meditative post; focus on your breathing. Slow deep breathes, and calm your mind; even if it's dark, close your eyes. Figure a mantra, or even say "It's okay."

If it's a spirit, assure it that everything is okay.
It may even be your father, being near you; the constricting feeling may be loss of breath. You said he hung himself, in final moments depending on how one may hang themselves. It may be slow, or it may be quick. Slow is where they can't breathe, they panic, they realize what they're doing; but it's too late.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss, and I apologize if what I say may be a little too much for you. But I am merely trying to help.

To Pix: I didn't feel anything was there, and I had arranged for a "Psychic" to come around and see if they could feel anything, but sadly she fell ill before coming over. I'm not religious in anyway at all, and I never have been (Raised into an Atheist household.) but I do pray, when in times of great distress and fear. (Not for the religious aspect of it, but more for the comforting feeling of it.)

To OddOccurance:

The boy who lived in my room at my birth house, we have no idea how he died. Though we did guess he did something to himself, seeing as his mother never told us how he actually died, just told us that he did die and that he had a lot of Psychiatric problems.

I could possibly be feeling what he felt before his time of death, and if so I greatly pity that boy because what I'm going through is horrible and it's incredibly sad to think someone else went through that.

The boy may have followed me, but I don't really see any reason for why he would actually follow me. I had no emotional nor psychical attachment to the boy and didn't even know him before he passed on. I did, on occasion, talk to the air when I believed someone was there but there was a 1 in 3 chance that was actually him.

Last night (When I slept on the couch) the feeling of losing breath and fear came back but I got up the nerve to say "Please stop it, it's scaring me." and it stopped soon after, so I don't believe it to actually be a bad spirit. But I believe it either wants to channel its feelings into myself or it wants me to notice something? I don't know, I'm getting a little Ghost Whisperish here (Can't stand that show.)

What you said wasn't too much, in fact I'm actually happy that you're trying to help and I thank you for that.

Thank you to both of you, and I'll try to keep you posted if I can.
Sounds as though you could be a sensitive and the energy wants help to go forward, you can do this by mentally talking to the energy and persuading them to look and go into the light where those who love are waiting then they won't be alone any more. tell them not to fear the light too.

A basic but effective light protection visualization is;
SEE and FEEL a beam of white light coming from above into the top of your head the flowing into and through you surrounding you (like being in the centre of an egg filled with white light). SEE and FEEL the "shell" become mirrors with the reflective surface facing outward, this will deflect any form of negative energy and stop it coming into your aura etc. Do this daily.

The more you do this and KNOW that it is real the more it solidifies in the ether around you, protecting you.

Hope this helps, keep us postedSmile

First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your father.

And I agree that you should try to gain control over yourself in this kind of situation. I know, you probably say; easier said than done, but that's the way it is. people are tend to hurt themselves if they loose control over panic attack in this kind of phenomena.

And after that, I think the next step you could try is to find whether there're rational explanations that might caused those things you've heard or experienced.

Then, if you still can't find the right answer, I think it would be a good idea to find someone with the right capability to help you, when you come to believe that you're indeed facing somekind of unknown force(and if you don't have the capability and experiences of your own to deal with such thing), to deal with it.

In your case, I think it would be a good idea to have your place blessed. Come to think of it, having your new place blessed the first time you moved in is always the best thing to do since you'll never really know what has happened there before.

You said that you have this disturbance just recently, out of nowhere after 6 or 7 months of quiet and peaceful life there? Sounds like something all of a sudden decided to show you about it's existence to me. I don't know for sure, but things like this can happen sometimes, for many reasons.

As for the 'breathing' sound, I happened to hear things like that myself here as well, but it didn't scare me although sometimes it can be heard loud and clear. The breathing sound I have here were always slow, peaceful, and heavy, just like having someone sleeping near to me in the same room, possibly a man (only in this case, I was the only man in that room, and most of the time, I wasn't sleeping when it occured, of course Smile). It always happened in the night if my memory served, most of the time in my bedroom. Usually lasts for several minutes before the sound gone. But it has been proven not to be a threat at all, at least for me here. And now, it has been quite some time since the last time I've heard that breathing sound, may be it has been a year or so.

And for the scratch you've got there, there's something you didn't tell : is that mark at least or as wide as your fingernails? If yes, then it's possible that you accidentally scratched your own feet hard when you were asleep.

Or is it a thin scratch? Like, you know, being scratched by animal's claw. It could be your dog for some reasons scratched you there. Or it could be something else.

I've also had something like that myself here, twice. One was in the back of my lower right arm, a single long thin scratch, with dried blood on it, it happened several years a go. And second, I've got it just recently, may be about three weeks to a month a go, in the back of my upper left arm. There were five short thin scratches there, they've healed so now they're barely visible. Not as deep as the first, but still with dried blood on them. I've got those marks while I was sleeping, and apparently caused by something not nice, I'm afraid.

I certainly hope what you have there isn't something like what happened to me here, and things can get better soon. Take care.

Hope this helps and please forgive my English. I guess my Bahasa is better Smile
A bit late but just had an idea.
"i could hear someone else's breath"
and then you can't breathe?
I've had that from live people attempting to steal energy, sometimes the energy of a group can be stolen like that, on a regular basis, without even hearing the thief's breath. A psychic vampire technique.
I've never heard, nor heard of, a ghost/spirit breathing though.
Maybe a manifestation of a sound to steal your attention when you are vulnerable like still and going to sleep, and therefore steal your energy of breathing. Just a guess.
Focus on your own breath if it happens.
Just a thought.
My deepest sympathy for your loss.Right now as I see it your inner being is attacked,you need to take a stand.Bless your home,keep white candles lit,surround yourself with white lite,read Psalms 23,& 91,or Exodus 20,I find this helpfull.Try meditating Pix can give you great advice for that,she's an old pro,lol.Anyways good luck,keep us posted,& keep the faith.
Oh heck....we've lost another! Hopefully though it's sorted?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with Haunted house (very long) mrsmith 10 3,639 10-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Gizmo