Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Satanism
Hi, I'm just wondering, what are everyones opinions on Satanism here? I've been a Theistic Satanist for a few years now but love learning about and hearing others opinions on different religions. Just to let you know, a common misconception is that Satanists hate Christianity and Christians. I don't hate Christianity nor do I have any problem with Christians and I try to always keep an opan mind. Wink
I have a very open mind about religion and all that jazz. Years ago I was actually atheist, until a few events happened in my life to make me second guess myself.
What made you decide that satanism was for you?
People are threatened by things they don't understand. Their first instinct is to judge instead of accept.
I decided to be a Satanist basically because it is something that makes sence to me and other religions just never seemed right. When I read the Satanic bible it just pretty much stated what I had thought religion should be and felt right. I tried being Christian but it never worked out because I'm always drawn back to Satanism. I've felt drawn to it even before I kew anything about there really being such a religion, then I looked it up and discovered there was one called Satanism.
(07-04-2009, 01:34 AM)AvengingxAngel Wrote: I decided to be a Satanist basically because it is something that makes sence to me and other religions just never seemed right. When I read the Satanic bible it just pretty much stated what I had thought religion should be and felt right. I tried being Christian but it never worked out because I'm always drawn back to Satanism. I've felt drawn to it even before I kew anything about there really being such a religion, then I looked it up and discovered there was one called Satanism.

I personally believe there's a higher power, I just don't know what that higher power is. I have been interested in witchcraft ever since i was a kid, so of course the whole wiccan/pagan scene interest me, but i don't think I have a "religion" per say. For now I just have faith that something else out there is smarter than us Wink haha
People are threatened by things they don't understand. Their first instinct is to judge instead of accept.
(07-04-2009, 01:34 AM)AvengingxAngel Wrote: I decided to be a Satanist basically because it is something that makes sence to me and other religions just never seemed right. When I read the Satanic bible it just pretty much stated what I had thought religion should be and felt right. I tried being Christian but it never worked out because I'm always drawn back to Satanism. I've felt drawn to it even before I kew anything about there really being such a religion, then I looked it up and discovered there was one called Satanism.

Well, its good to have an open mind. However, I would be very carefull who you say your Satanist to. People don't tend to like it.

Theistic Satanism I understand considers Satan a real being. You seem to be in the Christian stream of thought, but you are swimming against it. After all, according to Christianity Satan was a fallen Angel locked up with certain cosmological powers. His main one is said to be deceit. To lie to people. Why would you want to worship someone like that? Huh
^I don't tell people in my life I'm a Satanist partly because I know they would be upset and because somewhere in my mind I think it's not right. Honestly, I'm really confused about religion recently and am not sure whether Satanism or Christianity is right.
I don't believe in any religion. My opinion is that if there is a higher power, we'd never be able to comprehend the sheer magnitude of it all.
(07-04-2009, 03:29 AM)Bracket Wrote: I don't believe in any religion. My opinion is that if there is a higher power, we'd never be able to comprehend the sheer magnitude of it all.

I agree with that.
(07-04-2009, 03:12 AM)AvengingxAngel Wrote: ^I don't tell people in my life I'm a Satanist partly because I know they would be upset and because somewhere in my mind I think it's not right. Honestly, I'm really confused about religion recently and am not sure whether Satanism or Christianity is right.

I personaly don't think that either are right. The fact you are looking into things deeply and not blindly following something is commendable. However, things aren't black and white and just because Christianity isn't for you dosn't mean Satanism is. Satanism of any form is not the answer in my opinion.

I had a hard journey looking for religion myself. I was brought up with Christianity forced down my throat. I started looking into eastern religion and found my ideas are deeply rooted in Thervaden Buddhism. I would suggest looking outside of the Jeudo-Christian arena if you are unhappy with the religion.
(07-04-2009, 04:43 AM)chris Wrote:
(07-04-2009, 03:12 AM)AvengingxAngel Wrote: ^I don't tell people in my life I'm a Satanist partly because I know they would be upset and because somewhere in my mind I think it's not right. Honestly, I'm really confused about religion recently and am not sure whether Satanism or Christianity is right.

I personaly don't think that either are right. The fact you are looking into things deeply and not blindly following something is commendable. However, things aren't black and white and just because Christianity isn't for you dosn't mean Satanism is. Satanism of any form is not the answer in my opinion.

I had a hard journey looking for religion myself. I was brought up with Christianity forced down my throat. I started looking into eastern religion and found my ideas are deeply rooted in Thervaden Buddhism. I would suggest looking outside of the Jeudo-Christian arena if you are unhappy with the religion.

I agree with you Chris. It's best to keep an open mind when you're on a religion finding journey. Great advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spiritual Satanism ShootingStar 2 1,304 10-16-2015, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Fair_Luminary