Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does a big black dog have any significance?
When I was very young, maybe age five, until i was maybe 8 or 9, I would watch t.v. in my parents room at night until I fell asleep. I remember there was a big black dog, he would just sit in the corner under the t.v. and stare at me, every night for years, then one night I was laying in bed and it jumped up on the end of the bed and dissapeared. I dont know if i was just dreaming... every night about the same things for years, i don't know. But its soooo vivid in my mind, and im getting chills and goosebumps just sitting here and typing about it. Any thoughts?
Did you tell anyone about this? like your parents.

How come you just sat there whilst this big black dog just watched you?

I hope you don't mind me questioning you, just trying to fathom out what could have been happening.

All my life I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific...
Demons, especially Lucifer will take that form. At the age of five, you would not be able to discern this dog from a real animal. But it must had had a threating posture for you to remember it so vividly. As I have said before here on this forum, children are more open to the spirit world than adults. But they often forget things unless it was a pronounced event.

I think demons are after children because they are so easy to sway to the dark side. The old saying about teach them or get them when they are young has a great deal merit.

Children can be just as open to angels as to demons, as can anyone.

I was going to say the same thing here, a demon was the first thing i thought of.

(05-27-2009, 08:12 AM)Pitch Potter Wrote: Demons, especially Lucifer will take that form. At the age of five, you would not be able to discern this dog from a real animal. But it must had had a threating posture for you to remember it so vividly. As I have said before here on this forum, children are more open to the spirit world than adults. But they often forget things unless it was a pronounced event.

I think demons are after children because they are so easy to sway to the dark side. The old saying about teach them or get them when they are young has a great deal merit.

Children can be just as open to angels as to demons, as can anyone.

All my life I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific...
I think I told my parents, but they just said I was imagining things. At first it scared me and when I saw it I was roll over and pretend I was sleeping (such a child thing to do Smile ) but after awhile, idk I got used to it
Can you describe the dog in more detail? like what colour were its eyes etc

It may have been a dream, most likely it was, but still a recuring dream could have signifigance.

But as far as that goes, it would just be signifigant to you, not to everyone else, so i dunno what to tell ya.
Truckers use the term black dog to mean something like an accident, I picked this up from a movie but I cannot remember which one it is. Anyway the main character, who is a trucker says he had the black dog and flashbacks show that at first he hits a black dog with his semi. But later in the film, It shows him hitting a family in a parked car on a rainy night and he killed them. He apparently lost his liscense for doing this. I do not want to go off topic and tell the plot of the movie but Just a little help from other sources besides the internet.
He is on an interstate highway in all of his flashbacks.
It is just with every flashback, that the whole story is revealed.
The story being his memory of this accident.
Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. Terry Pratchett
Quote:Truckers use the term black dog to mean something like an accident, I picked this up from a movie but I cannot remember which one it is.

Exactly, a movie. So far I encounter this information on this this one particular movie, I'm not able to find any information reported to serious organisations SPR (maybe these cases are buried deeply in their offline archives). Therefore, I would consider this more likely as an urban legend. And no, movie is not a real life, sorry.

Most likely, like DeadLegend said, it was a recurring dream. Child imagination is a fascinating thing, more than that, it's a scientific fact that our brain is often making us see things that aren't really there and it's especially visible in case of children, who are unable for more advanced realistic and logical way of thinking. Example, a child see a shape, and undeveloped young brain is trying to assign it to some more familiar meaning, if it looks like a dog, brain will assign "dog" and will add additional visual data to make it look more like a dog. Child isn't telling parents about this experience because he's afraid they won't understand, therefore there is no way to teach the brain that what child really see isn't a dog, but a shape and brains is doing tricks, nothing more than that.
Just giving an example Tongue
Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. Terry Pratchett