Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Demons Attached To A Man I Know - How Do I Help?
05-18-2009, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2009 07:48 AM by eyepriestess.)
Demons Attached To A Man I Know - How Do I Help?
Here is my predicament:

I joined Twitter about two weeks ago and this guy has latched onto me. Just chatting away one day and then he tells me that after experiencing hypnosis he has a demon talking to him all the time, which has possessed him. He now refers to this as his master, but then on other occasions he asks for help. He is very random with his replies too.

Let's just say he isn't pulling my leg, as he does seem very insistant and is naffed off with people who don't believe him. There is another couple of people who have tried to help him. So please don't say that he's making it all up etc.

I'm at a loss as to how to get through to him and try and get him to wake up and listen to me.

Anyone got any top quotes that will make him listen and realise he is being used? Please don't forget that on twitter you can only put a couple of lines into each reply.

[Image: cartoon.gif]

Greyfriars Bobby's Ghost

All my life I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2009, 08:22 AM
RE: Demons Attached To A Man I Know - How Do I Help?
Someone that deep would need more help than just a couple lines of advise. I am not trying to sound mean hun but honestly if he is into that demon that much I think anything less than a intervention wont help much.

That being said I think the best thing you and everyone else can do for him is pray. Now I know others will disagree but everyone has their own beliefs and those beliefs should be respected. Just because someone does not believe the same way as you does NOT mean they are wrong. That is how wars are started.

But that is just my opinion
Find all posts by this user
05-18-2009, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2009 09:03 AM by eyepriestess.)
Hey i'm not trying to start a war Big Grin, just trying to get him to listen that he does need help. Or were you referring to the prayer? Tongue

I will pray for him then, but i think he does need help. He's been to the doc who has put him on medication, but the guy doesn't take it as he knows it isn't anything in his mind, he truly believes he's been possessed. I actually think he has as some of the things he come out with are like what you'd expect a demon to say. OK, that sounds stupid, but when he talks normally he's ok.

One day he said he loved me, then when i asked what he was on about, he didn't even know he'd said it. It was the way he went through his posts and deleted all the nonsense ones, which were very intelligent and weird, plus the one about saying he loved me. He was very embarressed.

You'd have to be there to understand.

Thank you Shastar, i will do what you said Smile
By the way, tried clicking on your dragons, but can't get a page to come up. Does anyone else report this to you?

(05-18-2009 08:22 AM)Shastar Wrote:  Someone that deep would need more help than just a couple lines of advise. I am not trying to sound mean hun but honestly if he is into that demon that much I think anything less than a intervention wont help much.

That being said I think the best thing you and everyone else can do for him is pray. Now I know others will disagree but everyone has their own beliefs and those beliefs should be respected. Just because someone does not believe the same way as you does NOT mean they are wrong. That is how wars are started.

Greyfriars Bobby's Ghost

All my life I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific...
05-18-2009, 11:53 AM
No worries eyepriestess, I wasnt trying to sound mean with my post. It is just with people who have problems such as the guy you are twittering with there isnt much one can do over a message. People like that need help as in right beside them.. in person.. It is very hard to stress the importance of an issue with just text alone. If he is already seeing a Dr. and has meds but is not taking them, that again would be very hard to talk someone into taking their meds with just text alone.

I hope and pray that the guy does have someone in his life that can see this in him and help him in the way he needs.

You are a brave lady for trying to help him the way you are!!
05-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Well i don't know about brave, more like foolish, it is a bit scarey though i must admit...only went on twitter to promote my website and look what happens, it really does just happen to me Huh

If i sit on a train or a coach, i swear i always get the pervs sitting next to me, or really scarey people. Big eyes that's why i bought a car.

(05-18-2009 11:53 AM)Shastar Wrote:  No worries eyepriestess, I wasnt trying to sound mean with my post. It is just with people who have problems such as the guy you are twittering with there isnt much one can do over a message. People like that need help as in right beside them.. in person.. It is very hard to stress the importance of an issue with just text alone. If he is already seeing a Dr. and has meds but is not taking them, that again would be very hard to talk someone into taking their meds with just text alone.

I hope and pray that the guy does have someone in his life that can see this in him and help him in the way he needs.

You are a brave lady for trying to help him the way you are!!

Greyfriars Bobby's Ghost

05-18-2009, 04:54 PM
I agree with Shastar, if it's gotten to that point, an intervention is definitely needed. I just don't think that once it's already possessed you that you yourself can do anything to get free. So, no matter what you tell him, he's more than likely not going to be able to get rid of this himself.

I would try to get him to seek help from a priest, or at least talk to someone in person that he thinks could help him. And, just keep praying for him.

I know that you want to help him. But, I'd also suggest that if it gets too bad, you should probably just stop talking to him. If he is indeed demon possessed, then the demon isn't going to appreciate anyone trying to "get rid" of it. Associating yourself with him and trying to help him, could stir up a lot of evil and result in problems for you. If you start to feel threatened in anyway, get out quick.

Paranormal Q&A
05-23-2009, 12:53 PM
(05-18-2009 08:22 AM)Shastar Wrote:  Someone that deep would need more help than just a couple lines of advise. I am not trying to sound mean hun but honestly if he is into that demon that much I think anything less than a intervention wont help much.

there is so much more to prayer than most people realize, i have prayed for a few very important things in my life (about 5 i suppose) and all were granted, thank god.
05-23-2009, 03:14 PM
The biggest problem with trying to help him on Twitter it that it's just not enough.

If he is indeed possessed you can't do an exorcism over Twitter.

If it's because he is off his meds you can't cure him over Twitter.

I think maybe you should try to explain that fact to him. There just is no way to help him on Twitter.

Also, do you practice exorcisms? That's what he needs and if that's not you, you should try to explain that to him. I'm not saying just blow him off - explain to him that this is outside your expertise and he should try to look for help from someone more qualified. A priest is a great place to start. Ask him if there is a priest he would trust to talk too - and yes catholic priests do still do exorcisms.

One of the reasons I always suggest a priest for demon troubles is twofold. First priests are trained for this - if he is indeed possessed they have the knowledge and the tools to help him. They are also trained to know when it's not a possession but a medical problem and they know how to handle that situation in the best interests of the person seeking help. And in the end that's what you want, to hep him no matter the problem.

Hopefully that will give him something to go on and he won't feel like you're just getting rid of him. If he actually acts on it he will get the help he needs regardless of the problem.
05-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks for all your help with this guys, it's very much appreciated.

I think im going to take a back seat now on this as he freaks me out too much. He's so sarcastic all the time and quite rude too. He doesn't listen to anyone anymore and is now wanting to kill his doc and film it. He's not that smart as he just publicised this on twitter and will realise that soon i hope.

Brxle, no i'm not an exorcist by any means, just wanted some advice on how to get through to him, but he just goes too far sometimes and is beyond reasoning with.

I'll keep looking at his posts though and see what happens.

Greyfriars Bobby's Ghost

05-24-2009, 05:54 AM
First I can help you get around the 140 character limit imposed by twitter.
http://txtb.in/index.php With this you can type a great deal more then it gives you a short url to post in your twitter message.

Next I do think its smart you are backing away from this person.

If you do still have contact tell them to seek a psychiatric evaluation, that it is required by most exorcists and demonologists. Find out their approximate location and refer them to help near them. They will evaluate the story and suggest the proper course of action.

Skeptic does not mean those who doubt, but those who research, investigate and look for facts.