Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Sidehill Gouger...IS POSSIBLY REAL?!
Exclamation 
My social studies teacher in 8th grade used to talk about a creature named: "The Sidehill Gouger." Our social studies teacher was amazing, and after he was forced to quit teaching because he had stage four of cancer, I have thought about the funny things he would talk about that most of us always thought was a bunch of nonsense. He even claims that him and his buddies were temporarily chased by the creature when he was out hunting by a creature that looks very much like the legendary animal. He was very frightened of whatever it was, and he believes in it to this day. But I researched on it, and found out it was actually something that was really reported!
A sidehill gouger is a creature that most believe are fake. They are called: "Sidehill Gouger's" because the creatures adapted to live on hillsides by having legs on one side of there body shorter than the legs on the other side of them. (So they have to walk in an almost endless curvy circle to get up the hills.) Its also known as the Sidewinder, Hunkus, Rickaboo, or Cutter Cuss.
In a more...scientific, non fictional article I found it even describes information like the Sidehill Gouger's diet. They feed on grasses and other vegetation, but are also known to be carnivores. They live in hillside burrows in North America, Europe, and the Rocky Mountains of British Columbia. They even have a scientific name for the creature. "Equi-Odocoileus non-hemionus columbianus." There is a legend that they were created in Vermont when farmers crossbred cows with another unknown animal.
Little is known about the appearance of the creature. Some say that witnesses claim it looks like a badger, some say a goat. One witness, Harry S. Knight of Camp Wood in Arizona, said: “A Sidehill Gouger is just a burrowin’ buffalo, sized down and grown crooked.”
Creatures EXTREMELY similar to the sidehill gouger have been recorded back to hundreds of years. In the 17th Century, Sir. Thomas Browne wrote a journal about a popular belief in “British Badgers.” It had legs of different length.
Most sources think that beside the fact that Sidehill Gouger’s are known to be vicious evil creatures, they are actually quite timid. A man that claims to have been in the areas where the Sidehill Gouger is seen said:
“I remember surveying in the Northern BC Mountains in the late 60’s. The old timers always had some kind of a prank for us young neophytes. One of the dire warnings was- “watch out for the ferocious sidehill gouger when climbing steep hills. If you see one you must somehow get behind it or quickly run downhill.”
[quote='HaleySupernaturalFreak15' pid='104958' dateline='1274813236']
links Smile Icontexto-emoticons-03-032x032Icontexto-emoticons-01-032x032Icontexto-emoticons-04-032x032

http://www.knowledgerush.com/kr/encyclop...ll_Gouger/
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/anima...ents/4357/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidehill_gouger
I don't see how they can put up much of a chase....
"It sounded like a bad fry, unimportant, with a bowl of rice." ~ Victor

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." ~ Billy, age 4

(05-25-2010, 02:04 PM)Indiangirl Wrote: I don't see how they can put up much of a chase....

Icontexto-emoticons-04-032x032Icontexto-emoticons-01-032x032 ya, lol, i know. it dosin't make sense. Icontexto-emoticons-04-032x032Icontexto-emoticons-01-032x032Icontexto-emoticons-03-032x032Icontexto-emoticons-09-032x032
You probably just pass out from fright if you see one,then it's got you.
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.”
― Edgar Allan Poe
What do they name it? Eileen?
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
(05-26-2010, 06:17 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: What do they name it? Eileen?

**dies laughing**
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

(05-25-2010, 10:00 PM)cranium Wrote: You probably just pass out from fright if you see one,then it's got you.

ya i know Icontexto-emoticons-04-032x032Icontexto-emoticons-01-032x032 its freaky Icontexto-emoticons-10-032x032Icontexto-emoticons-08-032x032
(05-25-2010, 02:04 PM)Indiangirl Wrote: I don't see how they can put up much of a chase....

LOL, well said my indian friend!

I have a case of snipes Im willing to sell to anyone that will give them a good home!