Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
any way of using EVP devices that CANNOT pick up radio frequencies?
01-03-2016, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2016 01:32 AM by PIE.)
RE: any way of using EVP devices that CANNOT pick up radio frequencies?
(01-02-2016 08:09 PM)Darkforeboding Wrote:  
(01-02-2016 06:29 PM)PIE Wrote:  In my experiences, the faraday cage, bag etc, etc blocks out to much. Try possibly a Raudive Diode, they have no physical mic, the use a germanium diode crystal, therefore, no ambient noise is picked up. They plug into a recorder through the imput, like an external mic. They use no battery power, they will shut off the internal mic of the recorder so as to not record any ambient noise through the recorder (unless you turn off that setting on your recorder). Personally I use 1 hooked to a recorder that only records thru the Diode, and an extra recorder that records my questions, or any ambient noise.
Do you have a link or a catalog number of the particular diode that you use?
I make them myself - Here
I use a germanium diode #AA116 and other capacitors!!!

I am a seasoned Paranormal Investigator and a builder of Paranormal Equipment. Visit my website HERE.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2016, 05:11 PM
I am thinking of making a sound deadening box to block out as much ambient sounds, with maybe having a small faraday cage just around the recorder with the mic in the deadening zone
Find all posts by this user
02-18-2016, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2016 05:20 PM by Darkforeboding.)
Take the added precaution of having the recorder and the microphone each in their own little section with grounded metal between. That would prevent noise from the recorder from affecting the microphone. I've considered the same thing. Since a lot of the TV paranormal investigators routinely say things like "if anyone is in the room talk into this little red light" I considered adding an LED that illuminates a fiberoptic next to the microphone. No noise in the power to the LED would bleed through to the mic.

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.
05-27-2017, 06:17 PM
(10-16-2015 04:50 AM)UglyNRude Wrote:  The spirit box is programmed to say random words which do not require a radio signal so it would still play words in a faraday cage.

These "Spirit Boxes" P-SB7 from the YT-Link are only modified radios.
There are no memory with words in this devices:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd6D2EJQWwc&t=119s

Instead a "diode", you could try this suction cup coils with phone plug as "microphone". It's like a microphone, but only a big coil without a membrane.
Used in old criminal series, spy movies etc. to record telephone calls.