Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do some people have NDE and others don't?
09-16-2014, 07:11 AM
Why do some people have NDE and others don't?
So why do people think some people haveNDE and others don't? I've always been interested in NDE and anything unexplained. Back in 2012 I was seriously injured in a car accident. I don't remember the actual accident but did experience things that were one time experiences. Main thing I remember is through all of this I wasn't at all scared at any point. Not remembering the actual accident is probably the main reason I don't remember any fear. I've since been told that after the accident doctors tested to see if there was any brain activity in me to see if I was likely to pull through. I was in a coma 8 days. I was aware of what people were saying I learnt I had been in a car accident by hearing people say it though my first thought was no I haven't or I would remember it. I then thought back to the last time I remembered driving and realised I didn't remember getting back home from that last journey so thought maybe it was true. Even one time when I first came round I couldn't breathe and surprisingly didn't feel panic. It was like I knew I couldn't control what happened so wasn't bothered. Yet not a single NDE or any visits from people who had died. I did think of seeing my grandad who had died in the same hospital as I was in but never did.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2014, 07:48 AM
RE: Why do some people have NDE and others don't?
Were you ever clinically dead?
09-16-2014, 07:55 AM
Some people report seeing things - others, nothing. Rose's question is probably the best one. It usually seems to happen when someone has actually died, then is somehow revived.

But not everyone has this memory.
09-16-2014, 08:22 AM
(09-16-2014 07:48 AM)ChaosRose Wrote:  Were you ever clinically dead?

Not that I am aware of.
09-16-2014, 06:25 PM
(09-16-2014 08:22 AM)Marie86 Wrote:  
(09-16-2014 07:48 AM)ChaosRose Wrote:  Were you ever clinically dead?

Not that I am aware of.

Maybe that's why you didn't have one. Most people who have NDEs were actually clinically dead for a short time, and they were revived.
04-16-2015, 02:40 AM
(09-16-2014 07:11 AM)Marie86 Wrote:  So why do people think some people haveNDE and others don't? I've always been interested in NDE and anything unexplained. Back in 2012 I was seriously injured in a car accident. I don't remember the actual accident but did experience things that were one time experiences. Main thing I remember is through all of this I wasn't at all scared at any point. Not remembering the actual accident is probably the main reason I don't remember any fear. I've since been told that after the accident doctors tested to see if there was any brain activity in me to see if I was likely to pull through. I was in a coma 8 days. I was aware of what people were saying I learnt I had been in a car accident by hearing people say it though my first thought was no I haven't or I would remember it. I then thought back to the last time I remembered driving and realised I didn't remember getting back home from that last journey so thought maybe it was true. Even one time when I first came round I couldn't breathe and surprisingly didn't feel panic. It was like I knew I couldn't control what happened so wasn't bothered. Yet not a single NDE or any visits from people who had died. I did think of seeing my grandad who had died in the same hospital as I was in but never did.

What that means is that salvation is only for a select few. How God chooses the people to admit into heaven is anyone's guess. It seems pretty haphazard to me.
04-16-2015, 04:09 AM
(04-16-2015 02:40 AM)DrStrangeLove Wrote:  
(09-16-2014 07:11 AM)Marie86 Wrote:  So why do people think some people haveNDE and others don't? I've always been interested in NDE and anything unexplained. Back in 2012 I was seriously injured in a car accident. I don't remember the actual accident but did experience things that were one time experiences. Main thing I remember is through all of this I wasn't at all scared at any point. Not remembering the actual accident is probably the main reason I don't remember any fear. I've since been told that after the accident doctors tested to see if there was any brain activity in me to see if I was likely to pull through. I was in a coma 8 days. I was aware of what people were saying I learnt I had been in a car accident by hearing people say it though my first thought was no I haven't or I would remember it. I then thought back to the last time I remembered driving and realised I didn't remember getting back home from that last journey so thought maybe it was true. Even one time when I first came round I couldn't breathe and surprisingly didn't feel panic. It was like I knew I couldn't control what happened so wasn't bothered. Yet not a single NDE or any visits from people who had died. I did think of seeing my grandad who had died in the same hospital as I was in but never did.

What that means is that salvation is only for a select few. How God chooses the people to admit into heaven is anyone's guess. It seems pretty haphazard to me.

I hardly think this is any proof of selected salvations. There are people who never remember their dreams, yet scientists studying dreams have determined everyone dream, even if they don't remember. NDE may be like that. After all, like dreaming, it's another state of consciousness.

Your point of view is sacred, because you're the only one who has it.