Talk Paranormal | Supernatural Forum and Discussions

Full Version: Can't get an evp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've tried and failed miserably. Maybe the spirits don't like my recorders. lol
Wondering if it's even possible to record spirits at all. I mean, I know my parents. My mom would be overjoyed to say "I love you." My dad would have thought it was pretty cool to be able to communicate through my electronics.

Not saying spirits aren't real. I'm thinking that we can't communicate through recorders and video. The spirits I believe are real, but my chosen method of communicating is more wishful thinking than anything.

Any comments are welcome.
If there's no evidence to support your claim, then it doesn't exist.
I'm not trying to be rude (sorry if it comes across that way) but I've always wondered why people would want to contact loved ones who have passed away. I get that they're missed (I miss my parents terribly) but wouldn't that mean that they haven't moved on and are stuck?
Valid question. It would be rather torturous for them being ripped between dimensions constantly.
(08-16-2016 04:51 PM)lorac61469 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not trying to be rude (sorry if it comes across that way) but I've always wondered why people would want to contact loved ones who have passed away. I get that they're missed (I miss my parents terribly) but wouldn't that mean that they haven't moved on and are stuck?
The spirits who move on to the next realm may miss us just as much as we miss them. I think a lot of people want to know that their loved one's soul is at peace. I gotten several EVPs but never any voices that I recognized. One thing I find in common with all my EVPs is a click sound at the start. This sound is very similar the sound a when microphone is turned on. Maybe in the afterlife, some departed souls take part in a hobby of contacting the living.
That's weird, I have noticed a clicking sound in some of my EVPs too. I wondered what it could be but have no explanation for it.

Most EVPs are not class A EVPs, so just because you don't hear anything doesn't mean there's nothing there. Many times I would hear something barely but couldn't tell if it was really anything until I removed the background static, amplified that part just a bit and maybe even slowed the audio down a tad if it sounded like fast talking.

I used Audacity but I also used another program to help boost the sound. Sometimes you're able to hear things more clearly after all that and see that you did get a response to a question. Sometimes I would hear an entire sentence after doing that. I've heard that spirits speak as low as 3 hz so make sure your headphones and recorder can go that low.
I only captured one sentence that was a Class A but it seemed to be residual. It sounded completely natural. Generally I tend to capture one word voices that even if are Class A sound artificial. That makes sense since a spirit does not have a voice box and most seem similar to early speech generating device output. I don't manipulate EVP audio for some the same reason I don't manipulate video of phenomenon because it adds false information.
i am new to doing EVP and using audacity. any help i can get would be great.

(09-19-2016 06:59 PM)kuurt Wrote: [ -> ]That's weird, I have noticed a clicking sound in some of my EVPs too. I wondered what it could be but have no explanation for it.

Most EVPs are not class A EVPs, so just because you don't hear anything doesn't mean there's nothing there. Many times I would hear something barely but couldn't tell if it was really anything until I removed the background static, amplified that part just a bit and maybe even slowed the audio down a tad if it sounded like fast talking.

I used Audacity but I also used another program to help boost the sound. Sometimes you're able to hear things more clearly after all that and see that you did get a response to a question. Sometimes I would hear an entire sentence after doing that. I've heard that spirits speak as low as 3 hz so make sure your headphones and recorder can go that low.
(08-16-2016 04:56 PM)Vultyrex Wrote: [ -> ]Valid question. It would be rather torturous for them being ripped between dimensions constantly.

You know the "transcommunication"?
Communication with non local "ghosts", with dead persons they are not "ripped between dimensions constantly". With "souls" from dead people, they are already and usually gladly on "the other side".

With relatives, but also with people they are dead since dozens of years, or prominent people like Washington, Hitler, etc..
I mean that seriously.
Look for belling lee voice experiment 1971 and transcommunication at google.

Perhaps you need a better place (well known on the other side, seriously), or a better person. Also seriously. There are "voices" that said, some people are better to hear for the "other" side.
Possibly a friend or person who does not even know, he is one of them (a "medium").
In my experience it takes a while for the right spirit to come through, especially if they have passed away not long ago. Keep trying.
Plus there are different methods. The radio method does not work for me very well, but recording water does.
Good luck.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's