Talk Paranormal | Supernatural Forum and Discussions

Full Version: Psychology ....The truth about paranormal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Intrigued by these persistent beliefs, psychologists have started to look at why some of us can’t shake off old superstitions and folk-lore. Their findings may suggest some hidden virtues to believing in the paranormal. At the very least, it should cause you to question whether you hold more insidious beliefs about the world.

Some paranormal experiences are easily explainable, based on faulty activity in the brain. Reports of poltergeists invisibly moving objects seem to be consistent with damage to certain regions of the right hemisphere that are responsible for visual processing; certain forms of epilepsy, meanwhile, can cause the spooky feeling that a presence is stalking you close by – perhaps underlying accounts of faceless “shadow people” lurking in the surroundings.

Out-of-body experiences, meanwhile, are now accepted neurological phenomena, while certain visual illusions could confound the healthy brain and create mythical beings.
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20141030...paranormal
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...ZIxwy-0BCw

(Founder of Skeptic's Society rattled after witnessing a Paranormal event.)
(03-24-2016 06:13 AM)Nix Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...ZIxwy-0BCw

Ahh yes it was taken out of context and the believers run with it
"On an observational level it is still interesting to hear someone, who clearly has a bias towards certain subjects, call out others who have bias’ in an attempt to explain why we believe weird things. For example, he pokes fun at something like UFO’s and aliens stating “it’s very likely they are not real.” He does this in a manner that some skeptics do where they use words to divert from the evidence and call upon the more ridiculous claims in an attempt to debunk the entire phenomenon."

Hmmmm, sound familiar UNR??
I am open to facts ... are you?
Oh and as far as a broken radio playing for a brief time ... lets look at other things that pick up stray radio. Speakers, box fans ... Must be the dead?
(03-24-2016 06:27 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: [ -> ]I am open to facts ... are you?

Of course. I don't take every strange happening and turn into something paranormal. : )
(03-24-2016 06:32 AM)Nix Wrote: [ -> ]

Of course. I don't take every strange happening and turn into something paranormal. : )

Fine then.

If I complied an extensive list of supporting factors about an idea and you could not list one reason to disprove it would you believe the idea?
(03-24-2016 03:35 PM)Silent Truths Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-24-2016 06:32 AM)Nix Wrote: [ -> ]

Fine then.

If I complied an extensive list of supporting factors about an idea and you could not list one reason to disprove it would you believe the idea?

I'm sorry lol, but is this a trick question? ; )
(03-24-2016 03:35 PM)Silent Truths Wrote: [ -> ]If I complied an extensive list of supporting factors about an idea and you could not list one reason to disprove it would you believe the idea?

That's the entire point of why we all are here. Yet, every one that has come and gone has just been bullshitting us so far.
Reference URL's