Talk Paranormal | Supernatural Forum and Discussions

Full Version: Hoaxes and how to spot them
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hoaxers want people to believe, otherwise what's the point! They want to provide you with such good evidence that your only realistic options are that it really was a ghost, UFO, monster, whatever, or a hoax.

Why should anyone want to hoax a paranormal event? Some people certainly derive some satisfaction out of getting people to believe things that are untrue. Or they may be trying to show how 'gullible' paranormal researchers are. Or they may believe strongly in the paranormal and simply want to 'hurry along' its general acceptance. Or they may desire celebrity, a highly valued prize these days.
http://www.assap.ac.uk/newsite/htmlfiles...axing.html
Thank you for your post.

In my short time on this forum I think this is useful information to put out there.
Forcing an opinion on someone else without proof is a definite sign of hoaxing.
(03-25-2016 02:17 PM)Vultyrex Wrote: [ -> ]Forcing an opinion on someone else without proof is a definite sign of hoaxing.

Forcing an opinion on someone for personal gain is wrong no matter what the situation is.
That's not a hoax, that's fraud.
(03-25-2016 02:21 PM)Vultyrex Wrote: [ -> ]That's not a hoax, that's fraud.

Forcing an opinion on others is fraud if the other person believes the lies. Otherwise, attempted fraud. Thankfully some of us are able to reason out whether someone is telling the truth or merely pushing their own agenda.
It's fraud if personal gain plays an end role, regardless.
[quote='Vultyrex' pid='186859' dateline='1458939157']
It's fraud if personal gain plays an end role, regardless.

Oh good, I'm glad someone else thinks it's fraudulent to push opinions on others for personal gain whether they believe it or not.
Reference URL's